• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I know there's a lot of golfers on here, I need some help. My brother wants a Cleveland Black Pearl sand wedge for Christmas but in his description he said "gold club".
I did some Googling and I couldn't find anything about a Black Pearl Gold Club. Do any of you know what he may be talking about? (I'm looking at you Biscuit, you know golf.)

I don't want to straight up ask him because he'll know I'm getting it. Thanks for any help!

#2 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,138 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Dumb question, but is there anyway he just said "gold club" instead of "golf club"...the d and f keys are right beside each other.

I've never heard of a Black Pearl Gold Club either.

#3 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,387 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Not a golfer but maybe he was just describing the appearance of the club? Like it's called the 'Black Pearl' but the club itself is painted gold or is mostly gold.

#4 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

That's a pretty good assumption!! I didn't think of that! :thumbsu:

#5 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Not a golfer but maybe he was just describing the appearance of the club? Like it's called the 'Black Pearl' but the club itself is painted gold or is mostly gold.

Every club I saw when looking was black. There were some gold ones but they weren't "Black Pearl".

#6 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,634 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

The "Black Pearl" wedges are the Cleveland CG14, CG15 and CG16 models, and Cleveland has been known for making the best wedges in the business for many years. They also make the Black Pearl in the 588 Series, which is the touring pro version.

The CG14s will run you around $70-80 and the CG16s upwards of $90. You can find them at Edwin Watts, Golf USA, Dick's Sporting Goods. Avoid golf course pro shops where they'll charge you out the wazoo for these. The 588 Series will run you about $140 for the club.

You need to know which loft he wants- sand wedges are a personal preference and can be lofted anywhere between 54 and 58 degrees. Most off-the-shelf sand wedges are 55 or 56 degree lofts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,310 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Gift card... Then he can buy exactly what he wants...

I would like a Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 3 wood... Used is fine... Thanks Shuf!

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

I need a 200-215 hybrid. I haven't found one yet that I like....

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

I like people who suck at golf who think paying a bunch of money for new clubs will help.

#10 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

I like people who suck at golf who think paying a bunch of money for new clubs will help.

Somebody pissed in somebody's Cheerios this morning...

#11 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Somebody pissed in somebody's Cheerios this morning...

Wait did you piss in my cheerios asshole?

#12 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Wait did you piss in my cheerios asshole?

A bowlful of goodly goodliness.

#13 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

I would like a Taylormade Burner Superfast

That's my driver and it is awesome

#14 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

I do think that golf is one sport that spending more money can help....oversized clubs, bigger sweet spot, customized for your personal swing etc. You can science out alot of your own minor flaws.

#15 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

The "Black Pearl" wedges are the Cleveland CG14, CG15 and CG16 models, and Cleveland has been known for making the best wedges in the business for many years. They also make the Black Pearl in the 588 Series, which is the touring pro version.

The CG14s will run you around $70-80 and the CG16s upwards of $90. You can find them at Edwin Watts, Golf USA, Dick's Sporting Goods. Avoid golf course pro shops where they'll charge you out the wazoo for these. The 588 Series will run you about $140 for the club.

You need to know which loft he wants- sand wedges are a personal preference and can be lofted anywhere between 54 and 58 degrees. Most off-the-shelf sand wedges are 55 or 56 degree lofts.

He wants the 588 with 52deg. loft. Are you saying I will need to have it ordered?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com