Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shufdog

Cleveland Black Pearl Sand Wedge

52 posts in this topic

Kind of like people that buy expensive cameras thinking it will take a better picture?

Exactly

To Zod's point, I have had two sets of clubs my entire life. I play with guys that always buy the latest and greatest. Some are awesome and some struggle with the same things I do. My sand wedge is the same wedge I have had since I was 13. I can carve that sand like a knife through hot butter. I'm not good enough to keep adjusting to new equipment. The one exception is my driver. The new drivers they are producing nowadays make a huge difference.

It's almost always the Indian and not the Arrow.

There's a guy here in my office who must spend $10K a year on equipment, and he can barely break 90.

I agree... clubs are only going to make minor differences to most golfers. The one exception is if you just have the flat out wrong equipment, such as a low degree driver and you hit the ball really low already...

Yeah, my new set of irons is only 4-AW and a SW I bought separately. I play with a fade (and sometimes slice) but I've been working on it. These irons are much easier to hit than my previous irons, but the 4 and 5 irons I still have to work hard at to keep from slicing.

I still think we need to have a huddle golf tourney. Somebody set that up.

I can set us up at Cape Fear National at a discounted rate (cheaper than the normal group/tourney rate) through my GM, if we actually find a few people who are willing to contribute.

I can set us up at Cape Fear National at a discounted rate (cheaper than the normal group/tourney rate) through my GM, if we actually find a few people who are willing to contribute.

I'm all for it... we'd just have to get all these Charlotte boys to come down.

That's a long way to go to play golf! Remember when all the caddies showed up at the pool in Caddieshack? That's how I would picture group from here showing up at a golf course! :lol:

He wants the 588 with 52deg. loft. Are you saying I will need to have it ordered?

No, you should be able to find these on the web just about anywhere. But here's the deal...

... a 52 degree is not a sand wedge, it's a gap wedge. A 52 degree wedge can/is very difficult to play from the sand unless said player is very accustomed and used to playing a 52 from the sand. May not seem like it, but those 3-4 degrees are a petty significant difference.

Typical lofts:

Pitching wedges: 46-50 degrees

Gap wedges: 50-54 degrees

Sand wedges: 55-58 degrees

Lob wedges: 58-64 degrees

TGW.com (The Golf Warehouse) has the 588 52 Black Pearl in stock for $139.95. They also have all the 588 Black Pearl wedges from 46 to 64 degrees (in 2 degree increments)

1 person likes this

Maybe he wants a gift card to the Gold Club too?

Gift card... Then he can buy exactly what he wants...

I would like a Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 3 wood... Used is fine... Thanks Shuf!

Have you tried the Rocketballz 3 wood yet. That thing is Super Hot!

I also upgraded my irons last year to the TaylorMade 2.0 burners and noticed an incredible difference in yardage from my old pings.

I then picked up a Rocketballz driver and I'm very pleased with it also. Next upgrade for me is the 3 wood.

Have you tried the Rocketballz 3 wood yet. That thing is Super Hot!

I also upgraded my irons last year to the TaylorMade 2.0 burners and noticed an incredible difference in yardage from my old pings.

I then picked up a Rocketballz driver and I'm very pleased with it also. Next upgrade for me is the 3 wood.

I have not hit a Rocketballz driver or 3 Wood... would like to, just haven't got the chance.

I got those new irons last year and those are the only "new" clubs I've ever bought. My dad, whom I affectionately refer to as "the golf pimp" has a serious addiction to buying golf clubs, so usually I try out and swipe his extras that are usually used...

I took 2012 off from the game and will be back next year. After a 2011 that saw me post one of my best scores ever at Greensboro National, a course I'm not all that familiar with, my game went to crap. If it wasn't for gravity I couldn't hit grass. Knees are shot, back was bothering me....

...so I'm getting healthy again. Lose about 15-20, get back down to about 240 and start swinging again. Once I get comfortable on the range and I find the lost swing, I'm getting a Rocketballz driver. I'm still hitting an R-7 that I absolutely crush and love. It's hard to give 'em up if they do well for ya.

...and I will host a golf outing for those that don't mind driving a short distance to play on a private course.