• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

That's a long way to go to play golf! Remember when all the caddies showed up at the pool in Caddieshack? That's how I would picture group from here showing up at a golf course! :lol:

#32 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,353 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

He wants the 588 with 52deg. loft. Are you saying I will need to have it ordered?

No, you should be able to find these on the web just about anywhere. But here's the deal...

... a 52 degree is not a sand wedge, it's a gap wedge. A 52 degree wedge can/is very difficult to play from the sand unless said player is very accustomed and used to playing a 52 from the sand. May not seem like it, but those 3-4 degrees are a petty significant difference.

Typical lofts:
Pitching wedges: 46-50 degrees
Gap wedges: 50-54 degrees
Sand wedges: 55-58 degrees
Lob wedges: 58-64 degrees

TGW.com (The Golf Warehouse) has the 588 52 Black Pearl in stock for $139.95. They also have all the 588 Black Pearl wedges from 46 to 64 degrees (in 2 degree increments)

#33 pir8fan05

pir8fan05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Maybe he wants a gift card to the Gold Club too?

#34 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Gift card... Then he can buy exactly what he wants...

I would like a Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 3 wood... Used is fine... Thanks Shuf!

Have you tried the Rocketballz 3 wood yet. That thing is Super Hot!

I also upgraded my irons last year to the TaylorMade 2.0 burners and noticed an incredible difference in yardage from my old pings.
I then picked up a Rocketballz driver and I'm very pleased with it also. Next upgrade for me is the 3 wood.

#35 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Have you tried the Rocketballz 3 wood yet. That thing is Super Hot!

I also upgraded my irons last year to the TaylorMade 2.0 burners and noticed an incredible difference in yardage from my old pings.
I then picked up a Rocketballz driver and I'm very pleased with it also. Next upgrade for me is the 3 wood.

I have not hit a Rocketballz driver or 3 Wood... would like to, just haven't got the chance.

I got those new irons last year and those are the only "new" clubs I've ever bought. My dad, whom I affectionately refer to as "the golf pimp" has a serious addiction to buying golf clubs, so usually I try out and swipe his extras that are usually used...

#36 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

I took 2012 off from the game and will be back next year. After a 2011 that saw me post one of my best scores ever at Greensboro National, a course I'm not all that familiar with, my game went to crap. If it wasn't for gravity I couldn't hit grass. Knees are shot, back was bothering me....

...so I'm getting healthy again. Lose about 15-20, get back down to about 240 and start swinging again. Once I get comfortable on the range and I find the lost swing, I'm getting a Rocketballz driver. I'm still hitting an R-7 that I absolutely crush and love. It's hard to give 'em up if they do well for ya.

...and I will host a golf outing for those that don't mind driving a short distance to play on a private course.

#37 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Golf is like that... I've been playing about once a week for the past two years and a little less this time of year... one week you'll have it, and one week you won't. My scores swing wildly from high 70s to high 80s, and somedays you hit it dead straight, and some days you can't hit anything... it's weird.

Of course, I'm not even getting into putting... that's really my main weakness. Even when I'm hitting it well, I still can't putt for poo. There's been many rounds that I'm playing to even par with my strokes, hitting GiR and driving it well, but can't putt and it costs me 6 or 7 strokes. Several times last summer I shot 78-79 and missed half a dozen putts inside 10'. It's really frustrating...

Where are you at anybody? Near Charlotte?

#38 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,610 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

I shoot anywhere between 94-105 (depending on the course, drinking, and the people) and have only been playing 2 1/2 years.

I have stopped trying a full swing on my driver as it's the only way I can keep it on the fairway and around 230ish.

#39 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Where are you at anybody? Near Charlotte?

2:00- 2:30 from Charlotte, depending on driving skillz!

#40 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

2:00- 2:30 from Charlotte, depending on driving skillz!

Which direction?

#41 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

north, right across the NC/VA border in Martinsville, VA

#42 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Man, that's a ride for me... probably farther than Charlotte... I'd be willing though if we got something setup.

#43 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Man, that's a ride for me... probably farther than Charlotte... I'd be willing though if we got something setup.

Don't have to do it here- I have a beach home in Sunset Beach and a golf course home in Shallotte... and that's only 45 minutes or so from Wilmington

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Don't have to do it here- I have a beach home in Sunset Beach and a golf course home in Shallotte... and that's only 45 minutes or so from Wilmington

What course in Shallotte?

#45 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

My house is at Brick Landing, but I haven't played the course since it reopened and don't really care for it that much. Rather play RIvers Edge in Shallotte, or Oyster Bay in Sunset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.