Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saban as HC

72 posts in this topic

Posted

With BCS championship approaching there are talks of Saban jumping ship of Bama because the whole 24/7 crimson tide feel it gets to be over bearing. He has said that if he goes to the NFL he only wants to work with Michael Lombardi.

So with all that said, what are your thoughts on a Lombardi GM with Saban as HC. He would bring back out our strength at the running game, our defense would be ultilized, the only thing is i dont know how well he'd gel with Cam in terms his progression and using him in the best way possible. Just a thought and I would like to know what you guys think.

Posted

I think he could be a great coach and would like to see him here. Better that than the suckers JR's thinking about

1 person likes this

Posted

No

2 people like this

Posted

No

Why?

Posted

No to him and spurrier and any other college coach that benefits from running a pro system against kids.

2 people like this

Posted

i wouldn't hate it as much as some other guys but i'm not loving the idea either. doesn't really matter tho cause he' ll only be working with lombardi who will be going back to the browns from what i' ve read if he goes anywhere.

saban is a bit too conservative for my liking.

Posted

His quarterbacks have been nothing more than average. i know hes a defense coach but DO NOT WANT.

Posted

No.

Posted

Without the ability to out recruit his peers he turned in two mediocre seasons.

9-7 & 6-10

.469%

Guess his "genius" doesn't translate very well to the big show. Pass thank you very much.

Posted

Ok didn't Saban not long ago was the Miami HC and quit after one year and ran back to the college level. Honestly hell no. That is all.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok didn't Saban not long ago was the Miami HC and quit after one year and ran back to the college level. Honestly hell no. That is all.

would you want to coach that mess down there?

Posted

I've seen that movie already.

Some guys are just better suited to the college level.