• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

With BCS championship approaching there are talks of Saban jumping ship of Bama because the whole 24/7 crimson tide feel it gets to be over bearing. He has said that if he goes to the NFL he only wants to work with Michael Lombardi.

So with all that said, what are your thoughts on a Lombardi GM with Saban as HC. He would bring back out our strength at the running game, our defense would be ultilized, the only thing is i dont know how well he'd gel with Cam in terms his progression and using him in the best way possible. Just a thought and I would like to know what you guys think.

You do remember Saban's stay in Miami, don't you?

Why don't we go for Petrino while we are at it.

#32 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

The problem with Saban is that he is dominant in college because he has pros basically at every position...his competition, for the most part, does not.

#33 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

So I get blasted for suggesting Cam Cameron as the next OC and someone brings up Nick Saban as a HC candidate?

#34 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Only college guy we should consider is David Shaw

That's it

Look for NFL guys

#35 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

So I get blasted for suggesting Cam Cameron as the next OC and someone brings up Nick Saban as a HC candidate?

If you can tell. This option is not popular either.

#36 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

You do remember Saban's stay in Miami, don't you?

Why don't we go for Petrino while we are at it.

Did miami have the weapon we do? Yeah didn't think so. Coming to carolina is a much better prospect than when he went to Miami. People forget bilicik sucked a Clevland. Look at him now.

#37 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,821 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

not this time, he quit midseason in Miami. He doesnt deserve and NFL coaching position.

#38 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Pete Carrol went 6-10 his first time coaching in the NFL then left for 3 three years then cam back to go 27-21 with NE then left again to go back to college went on a roll with USC then is back with SEA going to the playoffs once and has a chance to go again. If you think pete carrol is a better HC then Saban your crazy. Being at one spot with a bad team doesnt mean you cant cut it in the NFL.

#39 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,052 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Pete Carrol went 6-10 his first time coaching in the NFL then left for 3 three years then cam back to go 27-21 with NE then left again to go back to college went on a roll with USC then is back with SEA going to the playoffs once and has a chance to go again. If you think pete carrol is a better HC then Saban your crazy. Being at one spot with a bad team doesnt mean you cant cut it in the NFL.

Saban is an arrogant prick. No, hell no, never, not a chance in hell, begatory, nein, nada, nil, no way, no f*cking way, not going to happen.

#40 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Do you guys even watch college football? They play on a whole different level (a shittier one) than the NFL. Why would you guys even consider these backyard football coaches for professional football? Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. We should be looking for coaches that actually know a thing or two about big boy football. We should be looking for a coach that actually has experience playing against competent opponents.

#41 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Do you guys even watch college football? They play on a whole different level (a shittier one) than the NFL. Why would you guys even consider these backyard football coaches for professional football? Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. We should be looking for coaches that actually know a thing or two about big boy football. We should be looking for a coach that actually has experience playing against competent opponents.

By that logic we should neve draft any players from college. They play little boy backyard football. Theyll never make it in the NFL. See, where that goes wrong? Pete carrol, Jim Harbaugh, Greg Schiano. All coaches from colleges making it in the NFL. It can be done

#42 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

By that logic we should neve draft any players from college. They play little boy backyard football. Theyll never make it in the NFL. See, where that goes wrong? Pete carrol, Jim Harbaugh, Greg Schiano. All coaches from colleges making it in the NFL. It can be done

You would be implying that the majority of college players are drafted mostly for their experience rather than their physical tools and their potential to be great. Sorry, not the same thing.

#43 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Remember the dolphins? No thanks!

#44 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Remember the dolphins? No thanks!

remember when the dolphins had cam newton or smitty or olsen or kuechly? yeah neither did i. the dolphins didnt have what we have now. They most importantly didnt have a experienced or skilled qb like newton. What is the most important thing a NFL team needs to win? a QB. He's not my first choice either and hed probably go Clevland but while we are looking for a HC to hopefully win us a Superbowl because that is the ultimate goal this is a thing that we should be looking at every single option and leave nothing on the table

#45 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,386 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Living in Alabama I'd love it for the sole purpose of pissing off all the Tide fans.

But realistically heck no.

Dude's way of handling the players just doesn't work in the NFL, and Lombardi is like the Jon Gruden of GM's so heck no to that too.

Ditto. I'd sit next to my radio 24/7 with my chin propped on my fist and a permanent smile as talk radio went on about him leaving to coach Cam Newton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.