• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Although it would never happen cause be wouldn't leave Alabama I wouldn't mind him. He went 9-7 his first year with Gus fuging frerotte as his quarterback and his second year he had some really good wins against good teams with Joey Harrington as his quarterback.

#47 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

I think we need to look for a minority DC who has interviewed for at least 10+ HC positions.

#48 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

With BCS championship approaching there are talks of Saban jumping ship of Bama because the whole 24/7 crimson tide feel it gets to be over bearing. He has said that if he goes to the NFL he only wants to work with Michael Lombardi.

So with all that said, what are your thoughts on a Lombardi GM with Saban as HC. He would bring back out our strength at the running game, our defense would be ultilized, the only thing is i dont know how well he'd gel with Cam in terms his progression and using him in the best way possible. Just a thought and I would like to know what you guys think.

Problem is...................... we have a HC

Mr. Saban is free to coach anywhere else his little heart desires.

PS...........he ain't leaving Bama (not in a million years)

#49 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

They clowned Pete Carroll when he came back too. NOT advocating him (repeat, NOT advocating him as our next HC), I'm just saying.

#50 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I read an article about how when Jim Fassel was let go by the Giants, Saban was on top of the list of candidates for Accorsi when he was GM. If Accorsi is indeed evaluating the team from head to toe and Rivera is let go, I would not be surprised if Saban would be recommended by Accorsi to Richardson and the new GM.

#51 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Nick Saban was a failure as a head coach. His ego is too big to work with a GM and he can't relate to players.

#52 HsvPantherFan

HsvPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

#53 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,732 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Problem is...................... we have a HC

Mr. Saban is free to coach anywhere else his little heart desires.

PS...........he ain't leaving Bama (not in a million years)

We wont have one by the end of this season.

And if he wins against ND which is looking highly possible i believe he'll leave Bama. His wife has even alluded to the wins feeling as good and the pressure from the fanbase to never lose and win championships every year is alittle over baring.

#54 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

he's not leaving....... A-L-A-B-A-M-A

ps.........in my best Forrest Gump impersonation.

#55 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

The report is that Saban would only return to the Browns and only if Michael Lombardi joined the team as a GM.

#56 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,732 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

The report is that Saban would only return to the Browns and only if Michael Lombardi joined the team as a GM.

the report is he would only work with Lombardi and he is the clear favor to go to the browns. but since currently Lombardi doesnt work for the browns i made a thread on how the fans would feel about this combo. It has been an overwhelming negative response for the Saban case. He isnt even my first choice but we should atleast be doing due diligence on were we are going for the next 5-10 years as a franchise. I dont believe we should leave any stone unturned is all im saying

#57 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

the report is he would only work with Lombardi and he is the clear favor to go to the browns. but since currently Lombardi doesnt work for the browns i made a thread on how the fans would feel about this combo. It has been an overwhelming negative response for the Saban case. He isnt even my first choice but we should atleast be doing due diligence on were we are going for the next 5-10 years as a franchise. I dont believe we should leave any stone unturned is all im saying

We have a Head Coach.

#58 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

You can't win in the NFL by flooding recruits with junk mail

http://bleacherrepor...ters-in-one-day

Posted Image

#59 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,732 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

We have a Head Coach.

we dont have a GM so we will be getting a new one. When a new GM comes in they usually bring a new staff. wait till the season is over then post back.

#60 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,604 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

I'm don't lean one way or the other but that 2005 Nick Saban coached Dolphins team had some talent and would have been a playoff team if they would have had a quarterback. Gus Frerotte and Sage Rosenfels led that team to nine wins (somehow). But that team sure had some talent (i.e. Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Chris Chambers, Wes Welker, Randy McMichael, Heath Evans, Zach Thomas, Channing Crowder, Jason Taylor, Travares Tillman, Vonnie Holliday, Reggie Howard, Yeremiah Bell, and Junior Seau), with a good quarter back that team is a playoff team.

Side Note: Jason Garrett was the quarterback's coach

The 2006 Dolphins had another good squad but once again they had no quarterback (i.e. Joey Harrison, Cleo Lemon, and an over the hill Daunte Culpepper).

By the way, Nick Saban is 1-0 against the Panthers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com