Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prospect on the rise: Jesse Williams DT Bama

77 posts in this topic

Posted

quickly becoming my favorite non-star NT/DT in the draft this year.

and he's no poe, either. did really well consistently against much better competition and is more ready for the pro game than poe was and i don't think poe is any scrub at the pro level, either. he's playing at a position that generally takes a couple years to get the hang of playing against pro level guys, but he's playing more than tyson jackson and glenn dorsey did when they started. he'll come along just fine, but that's another discussion. williams is just much more ready for the pro game than poe was. it's really hard to compare them.

the thing that gets me about williams other than his freakish strength (which he still has yet to work with a pro-level strength training program so he's not near peaked yet there) and his athleticism is just how sound he is for being so new to the position and how versatile he is, being able to play everywhere on the line.

the guy can do it all. he won't be a sack artist (tho, with CJ and hardy on either side of him he could easily rack up some) but he's most certainly a pocket disruptor as well as a run game disruptor. give him some more coaching and more experience and the dude's going to be a flat out beast on the DL for years.

i don't know where he will be drafted or what pick we should use on him, but i like him. the dude is a beast. he's got a lot of the craziness that hardy has and i imagine that hardy and williams side by side could be one very intimidating combo.

Posted

ok....i just saw another clip and saw something i haven't seen before that makes me want this guy in a panthers jersey even more.

see if you can spot it...

Posted

Playing fullback?

1 person likes this

Posted

Playing fullback?

goal line situations....a 6'3 323lb FB who can bench 600 pounds. that's not a road grader. that's a mountain mover.

man, i hope that guy is on our radar.

Posted

goal line situations....a 6'3 323lb FB who can bench 600 pounds. that's not a road grader. that's a mountain mover.

man, i hope that guy is on our radar.

Yeah I gotta admit he is one of my favorite prospects and if we can move down a bit I really think he will be on on radar. I don't see any team being able to stop Tolbert or Stewart or Cam on the goal line with that monster leading the way.