#16 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

If we had 70,000 PANTHERS fans to show up and fill BoA, I really do believe we can sustain stadium noise like Seattle.

Is our fan base still wine and cheese though?

#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,243 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Here is one of the major problems at BofA. I saw grown men in the following jerseys at the Falcons/Panthers game:

Browns
Bengals
Cowboys
Steelers
Dolphins
Bills
Giants
Chiefs
Broncos

These are the ones I remember seeing. Stay the fug home if you don't have a dog in the fight.

#18 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Here is one of the major problems at BofA. I saw grown men in the following jerseys at the Falcons/Panthers game:

Browns
Bengals
Cowboys
Steelers
Dolphins
Bills
Giants
Chiefs
Broncos

These are the ones I remember seeing. Stay the fug home if you don't have a dog in the fight.

Hey man I was at the Pittsburg game last weekend vs the chargers and I was wearing my Cam jersey and my Greg Hardy autographed hat...

#19 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hey man I was at the Pittsburg game last weekend vs the chargers and I was wearing my Cam jersey and my Greg Hardy autographed hat...

That's OK though.

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Give us something to cheer about and we will do it - for petes sake we spend wads of cash and an entire day for the opportunity to do so.

#21 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

The steelers ceowd was pretty soft. sat down the ENTIRE GAME. from the opening kickoff till they got blown out... We have a rockin stadium when the game matters. PLAYOFFS

#22 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

If we had 70,000 PANTHERS fans to show up and fill BoA, I really do believe we can sustain stadium noise like Seattle.

Is our fan base still wine and cheese though?

If you went to Charlotte Hornets games early on, you know Charlotte is capable of insane crowd noise. Some NBA teams worried about permanent hearing loss after playing in the Coliseum.

But comparing us to Seattle.... I really don't see it happening. As a whole, our fanbase isn't smart enough or energetic enough to create that sort of atmosphere. When the fans get loud when the Panthers are in the redzone, I get pretty ticked. The same fans sit idly on defensive third downs.
First and ten in Seattle is louder than a goal line stand 4th and inches in Charlotte. I hate to say it, but I don't think we will ever be comparable to them.

#23 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

If you went to Charlotte Hornets games early on, you know Charlotte is capable of insane crowd noise. Some NBA teams worried about permanent hearing loss after playing in the Coliseum.

But comparing us to Seattle.... I really don't see it happening. As a whole, our fanbase isn't smart enough or energetic enough to create that sort of atmosphere. When the fans get loud when the Panthers are in the redzone, I get pretty ticked. The same fans sit idly on defensive third downs.
First and ten in Seattle is louder than a goal line stand 4th and inches in Charlotte. I hate to say it, but I don't think we will ever be comparable to them.

You mean to tell me 70,000 strong at BoA is not comparable to the Seahawks?

#24 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

You mean to tell me 70,000 strong at BoA is not comparable to the Seahawks?

Maybe it's because their stadium is designed to reflect noise to the field, and I was in the third row the one game I went to, but nope. Not even close.

#25 RunFasterJumpHigher

RunFasterJumpHigher

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

I am a little late to this party but Sunday was the first game I've been able to attend (I live near Raleigh). There were a few obnoxious Atlanta fans scattered throughout our section, and I think that only made us want to be louder and more obnoxious than them, so our section got pretty hyped. My brother had been to a few games and said that was definitely the loudest he's heard it. Maybe we were all just pissed about the "Get the eff off our field" comment?

#26 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,407 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

I was pretty pumped.

Was in Sec 554 make'n my noise! We did a good job (fans wise) making noise when it actually counted. I was VERY happy when we coulda heard a pin drop when the Offense started after a kick off.

I will also say this... with the lack or fare-weather fans in the stadium due to the record and the actual weather, the "Loud and proud" didn't get told to sit down, or quiet down.

And, unlike other games... we didn't have one wave, if I recall! :D THAT makes me happy. LOL

#27 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

I was pretty pumped.

Was in Sec 554 make'n my noise! We did a good job (fans wise) making noise when it actually counted. I was VERY happy when we coulda heard a pin drop when the Offense started after a kick off.

I will also say this... with the lack or fare-weather fans in the stadium due to the record and the actual weather, the "Loud and proud" didn't get told to sit down, or quiet down.

And, unlike other games... we didn't have one wave, if I recall! :D THAT makes me happy. LOL

I haven't seen the wave in the 500s in a while. Maybe I just don't pay attention. I usually see 'tards in the west endzone trying to start it

#28 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

I haven't seen the wave in the 500s in a while. Maybe I just don't pay attention. I usually see 'tards in the west endzone trying to start it

Im a 529er. There were some idiots down behind the Panthers bench trying to start the wave in Q4 of the Falcons game.

#29 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,407 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Yeah, there's a corner section that's always try'n to get one started. I think those people stayed home this time. I am thankful! LOL

#30 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

It can definitely be one of the loudest stadiums. The second time they beat the Cowturds in the playoffs was one of the most exciting crowds at a sporting event I've ever been a part of. You couldn't hear and there was so much banging on the seats and jumping the floor was shaking. It was great.

I was at that game as well, and you're right. I was actually getting a little nervous about how much the concrete was moving under my feet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com