#1 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,481 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sonofa

Paul Tagliabue affirmed the findings of Roger Goodell in the NFL's investigation of the New Orleans Saints' bounty program but vacated all discipline issued to the players who were punished, league spokesman Greg Aiello announced on Twitter.

Tagliabue, in ruling on the players' appeal, decided that Goodell's findings "could certainly justify the issuance of fines. However, this entire case has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints' organization."

http://espn.go.com/n...ounty-penalties

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,975 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

As much as I hate the Saints, and think that they are truly cheating dirtbags... I think that this is the correct call. I've thought all along that the players discipline was overly harsh and it should really fall on the coaches because the coaches are the final authority on teams.

Also, this pretty much absolves the NFL of all court related issues from the individual players and the union about it...

#3 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,625 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

As much as I hate the Saints, and think that they are truly cheating dirtbags... I think that this is the correct call. I've thought all along that the players discipline was overly harsh and it should really fall on the coaches because the coaches are the final authority on teams.

Also, this pretty much absolves the NFL of all court related issues from the individual players and the union about it...

There is the truth right there. They don't want a drawn out legal fight.

At least they re-affirmed coachES were to blame. If there was any real justice Payton would be banned just like Williams.

#4 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Suspensions or not, nothing will ever change the fact that the Saints are all dirty cheating scum.

#5 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Suspensions or not, nothing will ever change the fact that the Saints are all dirty cheating scum.

Yeah but why did the league only fine the Packers and Patriots 25K or less for them doing the same thing?

Goodell had an agenda, and the Saints were his scapegoat. I hate the Saints also, but that is because they are DIV rivals.

I hate the Patriots more because they cheated their way to 3 SB wins.

#6 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Yeah but why did the league only fine the Packers and Patriots 25K or less for them doing the same thing?

Goodell had an agenda, and the Saints were his scapegoat. I hate the Saints also, but that is because they are DIV rivals.

I hate the Patriots more because they cheated their way to 3 SB wins.

Maybe I don't know, honestly don't really care. Either way I approve of exposing them for what they are.

Like you said, none of those teams play in our division. If it were us all our division rivals would be piling on too.

#7 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Huh... I figured there would be a mass of posts by saints fans insisting that this proves there was no bounty program. Dial up must be slower than I remember...

#8 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Pretty illogical move if you read his statement. Basically amounts to "Saints players are incredibly guilty of conduct detrimental to the league and there's absolutely no doubt they participated in a bounty program. But, I'm vacating their suspensions because the Saints front office are even bigger pieces of poo."

He said he found the same evidence that the NFL did, but believes in punishing coaches instead of players. That's idiotic and it's not really what he was even hired to do. He was hired to review the case and see if their appeals have ground. He did, and determined that the appeals have no ground, but his personal opinion on punishing players is more important.

#9 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Pretty illogical move if you read his statement. Basically amounts to "Saints players are incredibly guilty of conduct detrimental to the league and there's absolutely no doubt they participated in a bounty program. But, I'm vacating their suspensions because the Saints front office are even bigger pieces of poo."

This.

But you know, of course, that ignorant Saints fans will point to this as proof, in their own feeble minds, that a bounty program never existed. Tag's statement, in essence, reaffirms the fact there was such a program except he's holding the coaches more accountable because he believes the players were only doing what the coaches told them to do.

Perhaps more perplexing is the ostrich syndrome on full display by the one of the supposed golden boys of the league in Drew Brees:
"Congratulations to our players for having the suspensions vacated. Unfortunately, there are some things that can never be taken back."
Like the 9 picks you've thrown in the last 3 games? The lowest completion percentage of your career since leaving San Diego? The 5-8 record?

I hardly think the suspension of Jonathon Vilma is the reason for the Saints fall from grace.

#10 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

fug them. Time to go to nahluhsss and beat dat ass!!!

#11 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

How embarrassing for Goodell. I can't stand that jackass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com