Photo
- - - - -

How You Feel About Panthers Playing When They Really Want To?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Take the Saints, we know about their cheap shots for years even before Cam. We played like a completely different team than week 1 against the Bucs

Take Chicago, we know about Rivera going back to Chicago.... we played extremely hard and well.... all the way to the very last end

Redskins, our players mentioned how disrespected they felt when people was making the game out to be their homecoming

The Falcons, I really dont even need to explain. You ask me, some players marked that game on their calendar

Chicago is one thing, but Rivera last job was in S.D. I really would like to see which team shows up

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

not sure what the question is?

#3 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

not sure what the question is?

The panthers playing hard under certain circumstances instead of playing that way all the time

#4 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,048 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

There haven't been many stretches this year where I felt the team or players weren't competing. Sometimes they were put in a bad position or genuinely screwed up, but I have always felt the effort has been there.

#5 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,383 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

I fail to see any game the players didn't play hard.

There were many where execution and penalties were an issue .

How you plan on spinning that?

#6 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

I actually see where the OP is going.

The individuals on this team that are good players have baisically played well all year minus a few outings each. However, the team as a whole showed no continuity and a general disdain for the positions they were put in. It seems that the players are playing harder for each other and/or have little respect or confidence in the "gameplans" the coaching staff puts together each week.

Also, the more Cam acts like a leader onthe sidelines, the more the players respond to it, even the defense. So in effect yes, the Panthers play harder "when they want to" regardless of effort put forth week in and week out.

This is actually a good sign, get the right staff in here and instantly we become a dangerous team. (not that we arent already dangerous just not consistently)

#7 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Sounds more like your question is 'does the SD game hold personal value'........???

#8 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I fail to see any game the players didn't play hard.

There were many where execution and penalties were an issue .

How you plan on spinning that?

Idk dude, at times I feel the performance was lackluster. Yes I know the game planning is a big part, but the energy and focus like against ATL has NOT been that way all of our games

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

The panthers playing hard under certain circumstances instead of playing that way all the time

umm...i guess that i wish they wouldn't do that, then.

#10 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

The same way as before, poor coaching...

#11 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I actually see where the OP is going.

The individuals on this team that are good players have baisically played well all year minus a few outings each. However, the team as a whole showed no continuity and a general disdain for the positions they were put in. It seems that the players are playing harder for each other and/or have little respect or confidence in the "gameplans" the coaching staff puts together each week.

Also, the more Cam acts like a leader onthe sidelines, the more the players respond to it, even the defense. So in effect yes, the Panthers play harder "when they want to" regardless of effort put forth week in and week out.

This is actually a good sign, get the right staff in here and instantly we become a dangerous team. (not that we arent already dangerous just not consistently)

Biggest bunch of "Bullsh*t" I've seen yet on the huddle.

although I might add.......................the players do get inspired by "Bulletin board" material

#12 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,383 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

Idk dude, at times I feel the performance was lackluster. Yes I know the game planning is a big part, but the energy and focus like against ATL has NOT been that way all of our games

these players are pros.

They been playing hard.

Can't say they been playing well.

So many want to put to much blame on the coaches.

If that's your choice, so be it.

#13 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

There was only 2 or 3 games were I questioned the teams effort. Sure, there's always one or two guys that have a particularly bad game but overall I think we played hard all season. We also played dumb. We lost 7 games by 1 score, 2 by multiple possessions, and won 4. As bad as the Giants game looked, what the Patriots did to the Texans (a playoff team) kind of puts it in perspective. It happens. The bigger question to me is how hard is our coaching staff working? Rather how smart are they working? My boss does not tolerate the same mistake over and over but that is what I see from some of our players.

#14 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Biggest bunch of "Bullsh*t" I've seen yet on the huddle.

although I might add.......................the players do get inspired by "Bulletin board" material

You mind explaining that comment? Because I can see clearly the players getting frustrated by the play calls and in game management. This in itself makes continuity almost impossible. Just curious what it is that you see out there. Everything running smoothly i guess.

#15 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Sounds like you watched to much high school football on tv shows/movies.

This is the NFL, you face world class opponents every play and winning is not as simple as who is "playing hard"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.