Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Traditions You Could live Without

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Every year my sister in law sends us a tin of freshly baked Christmas cookies. sounds yummy huh? Not hardly- she always throws them loose in a tin with a paper towel folded flat over top of them (to absorb the impact I guess shes thinking) and then puts the tin in a cardboard box. Then they are whisked several hundred miles to me by the magic of UPS. By the time the cookies arrive they are barely discernible as food let alone cookies. I dont have the heart to tell her and this has been going on for about a dozen years now. Oh well - the chickens will have a nice snack.

Heres this years installment of Holiday Crumbs as they arrived - and oh yes - the flavors have mingled quite nicely!

http://xmascrumbs.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

dude, send them to me... those look delicious.

Posted

I've got two. At my granma's on christmas eve someone always reads the christmas story before we open presents. I think it bothers me because I've heard it so many times. At my granmother-in-laws house "Happy birthday Jesus" is sang at some point. There could be worse things I know, but I just find these two things to be kind of dumb.

Posted

I've got two. At my granma's on christmas eve someone always reads the christmas story before we open presents. I think it bothers me because I've heard it so many times. At my granmother-in-laws house "Happy birthday Jesus" is sang at some point. There could be worse things I know, but I just find these two things to be kind of dumb.

like "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear jesus, happy birthday to you?"

Posted

I always love going to the in-laws and having my mother in-law give me a big ol hug and rubbing them big ole titties on me.

1 person likes this

Posted

several family friends phone it in and we have to find room for four of these:

MJpQl.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

2md3yte.jpg

Posted

My grandma loves to tell everyone that "jesus is coming back!"

while it annoys the crap outta me I figure why take away peoples coping mechanisms right?

Posted

like "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear jesus, happy birthday to you?"

YES

Posted

YES

yea, i'd be able to live without that too.

Posted

My in-laws have this tradition with their children that they give them a set of pajamas every christmas eve. They have to hold their hands over their eyes with the box in their lap, like it's a fuging surprise, while they snap about a blue million pictures, then you open the pajama's and take pictures while you hold them up. Then you take pictures with them on.

Somehow, I've been forced to become part of this tradition. So I have to sit there on the couch with my woman and her fuging sister with my hands over my eyes like a goddamn moron every christmas eve.

1 person likes this

Posted

My in-laws have this tradition with their children that they give them a set of pajamas every christmas eve. They have to hold their hands over their eyes with the box in their lap, like it's a fuging surprise, while they snap about a blue million pictures, then you open the pajama's and take pictures while you hold them up. Then you take pictures with them on.

Somehow, I've been forced to become part of this tradition. So I have to sit there on the couch with my woman and her fuging sister with my hands over my eyes like a goddamn moron every christmas eve.

Footsies??