61 replies to this topic

#11 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

My in-laws have this tradition with their children that they give them a set of pajamas every christmas eve. They have to hold their hands over their eyes with the box in their lap, like it's a fuging surprise, while they snap about a blue million pictures, then you open the pajama's and take pictures while you hold them up. Then you take pictures with them on.

Somehow, I've been forced to become part of this tradition. So I have to sit there on the couch with my woman and her fuging sister with my hands over my eyes like a goddamn moron every christmas eve.
  • C47 PIE'd this

#12 catfang

catfang

HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

My in-laws have this tradition with their children that they give them a set of pajamas every christmas eve. They have to hold their hands over their eyes with the box in their lap, like it's a fuging surprise, while they snap about a blue million pictures, then you open the pajama's and take pictures while you hold them up. Then you take pictures with them on.

Somehow, I've been forced to become part of this tradition. So I have to sit there on the couch with my woman and her fuging sister with my hands over my eyes like a goddamn moron every christmas eve.

Footsies??

#13 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yeah I was that asshole last year who kept telling my family, "you know Jesus wasn't born on Christmas, right?"

Sadly, most of my family either can't cook, or lost the ability. Both of my Christmas meals are typically terrible now...so the food is definitely something I could live without/would change.

#14 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Every year my sister in law sends us a tin of freshly baked Christmas cookies. sounds yummy huh? Not hardly- she always throws them loose in a tin with a paper towel folded flat over top of them (to absorb the impact I guess shes thinking) and then puts the tin in a cardboard box. Then they are whisked several hundred miles to me by the magic of UPS. By the time the cookies arrive they are barely discernible as food let alone cookies. I dont have the heart to tell her and this has been going on for about a dozen years now. Oh well - the chickens will have a nice snack.

Heres this years installment of Holiday Crumbs as they arrived - and oh yes - the flavors have mingled quite nicely!

http://Posted Image

take a piece of bread or two and put them in the closed tin container over night. In the morning you will have found the bread is all hard and the cookie are nice and soft instead of dried out

you're welcome :)

#15 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yeah I was that asshole last year who kept telling my family, "you know Jesus wasn't born on Christmas, right?"

Sadly, most of my family either can't cook, or lost the ability. Both of my Christmas meals are typically terrible now...so the food is definitely something I could live without/would change.

Offer to cook or help.

#16 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

My girlfriends least favorite are chestnuts.

#17 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Offer to cook or help.

Oh I do. And I do help to an extent...but I'm more of a grill guy, not a oven guy, which is where most of the Xmas cooking happens.

#18 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.
HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

several family friends phone it in and we have to find room for four of these:

Posted Image

Werd?

Forwarding address:
Cat Poop
P.O. Box 4,000,023
Gay Street
Dupont Circle
Washington D.C.

Or just hand them to the drag queen with the feather boa on the corner of R and 18th. (S)he knows how to find me.

#19 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Ugh

My mom insists on reading the bible and placing the damn baby jesus in the manger at the right moment.

Me, you know, the atheist guy?

I'm an asshole, but I'm not the world's biggest asshole...yet...so I haven't refused my turn in the pass the fictional mythology group book reading and wooden infant resettling tradition.

My 7 year old daughter last year asked me why they do it.
I said it is tradition.
No poo she said "That's gay".

I love her so much.

#20 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

HUDDLER

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

You know..I'm in the same boat with my family..I don't know wtf happened..but the food at Thanksgiving sucked! it was horrible!!! So..instead of having the same horrible turkey and barely edible stuffing..I suggested that we do something different...so we're having an Italian themed Christmas..

I'm making the Lasagna and the antipasti..my dad's girlfriend..as annoying as fug as she is, she can cook..so she's making bracciole..and my sister is doing Tiramisu...

basically..My mother and grandmother aren't cooking anything..therefore, we will eat like kings!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users