Christmas Traditions You Could live Without

Dumb Stuff

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

take a piece of bread or two and put them in the closed tin container over night. In the morning you will have found the bread is all hard and the cookie are nice and soft instead of dried out

you're welcome :)

Learned that trick from my girl friend about 25 years ago but thanks anyway.

By the way it doesnt help a bit with the co mingled flavors nor do the cookies miracuously put themselves back together from the crumbs.

#32 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, I hear you, but there's a difference between wanting to enjoy it and having to make it be absolutely perfect every single year.

Agreed ... and trust me, nothing's ever perfect at our house. Always some craziness going on, some bitchin' going on, etc.

Decorating the tree was a real treat ... Mom was in rare form this time in being "Madam Director" trying to tell everyone exactly where to put what ornament and icicle. We shut her down!

#33 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I do hate that the time is rushed. Between my wife and I's families we have to go to five different places, and the quality of time at each will suffer so that we can get to the next place.

#34 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,948 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I friggin love Christmas.

This year is the first time my wife will be away from her parents at Christmas so we are trying to start our own tradition.

Pry the one thing I am going to have to give up on is It's a Wonderful Life every Christmas Eve....she saw it for the first time last year and was ht or miss on it. Meanwhile I'm balling like baby new year.

Christmas fug Yeah!

#35 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I friggin love Christmas.

This year is the first time my wife will be away from her parents at Christmas so we are trying to start our own tradition.

Pry the one thing I am going to have to give up on is It's a Wonderful Life every Christmas Eve....she saw it for the first time last year and was ht or miss on it. Meanwhile I'm balling like baby new year.

Christmas fug Yeah!

I saw it for the first time, in its entirety, last weekend.

#36 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,948 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I do hate that the time is rushed. Between my wife and I's families we have to go to five different places, and the quality of time at each will suffer so that we can get to the next place.

That's crazy... I say make it your own holiday and if people want to come see you then so be it.

#37 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I've never seen it's a wonderful life...

I do love this time a year though..

I have a question.....For the love of Baby Jesus...why must my MIL tell the SAME STORY about Mr.PF every time we get together...EVERY....................TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

That's crazy... I say make it your own holiday and if people want to come see you then so be it.

That's what we've done in the past..we do 2 places on T'giving..so if you want to see us on Christmas..you come to us..well..my G'ma is 90 and she really wants to do it at her house that's 100 degrees...that's fine..not sure how long she'll be with us...not worth getting upset

#39 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

Ive got a cat that could be this ones twin brother sitting on my lap.

#40 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I really want to. Especially with having a daughter now. We are fairly close to family though so it isn't terrible. It just isn't as joyous as if we stayed home playing with her and all her new stuff, and people stopped by.

#41 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

There's a fine OCD line between the Norman Rockwell Christmas and a free-for-all.

#42 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,317 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Ive got a cat that could be this ones twin brother sitting on my lap.

Does it have a similar scowl on it's face? If so, take pictures and post them please.

#43 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,503 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Going to church.

#44 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,923 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

not enough time off. with the wild life i have led, i'm just happy to be here and know i got family and friends that still, at least at this point, associate with me publicly. lol

chill party peoples. enjoy what ya got and rock and roll.

#45 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

My grandma loves to tell everyone that "jesus is coming back!"

while it annoys the crap outta me I figure why take away peoples coping mechanisms right?

qft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com