#46 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Came for the union discussion.

Stayed to see Stephen Crowder get punched in the face.

#47 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

lol

yeah those unions are just too powerful, that's the real problem here; now that they've been effectively neutered in "right to work" states, we can really see those "checks and balances" do their work

the fact that you call a contract between employers and employees "extortion" is p funny when you have the nerve to start your post with "That's garbage, and I think you know it."

please, run back to rushbo and let me know what he thinks while claiming it as the product of your own free thinking again

Have you ever been a union member or been in management and had to deal with unionized labor?

Spend a few years experiencing it first hand then get back to me.

And keep rushbo to yourself. I've never tuned in so I am not the expert on his opinions that you seem to be

#48 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

oh, please, tell me all about it.

#49 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

that's the funny part about these free market dipshits taking such a stand against unions. why would they do that? (it's because they were told to by monied interests)

Because they have become nothing but a fundraising arm of the democratic party.

#50 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

the democratic party is better for workers rights than the republican party (notice i said "better," and not "good"). why would unions donate en masse to the republican party?

#51 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Having worked at a highly unionized job (UPS), I can tell you that the majority of the time all the union does is protect craptastic workers for far longer than they should be. You literally have to murder someone to get fired in a Teamster ran organization. Unions have a purpose to a point, but they've lost their way. As stated earlier, they've become a money laundering scheme for the Democrats. I wish I had a copy of the voters guides they were handing out. All you people complaining about straight ticket voting would be amazed at who was endorsed (Read ALL Democrats). I say if the union is doing its job, people will still belong, even in a right to work state.. If they aren't, then people bail out. And the unions know whats coming

#52 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

And now we've arrived at what the issue comes down to. Labor doesn't support your team, so labor doesn't deserve fair treatment.

#53 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

why won't unions donate to the party hell-bent on destroying unions huh libtards

#54 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

And now we've arrived at what the issue comes down to. Labor doesn't support your team, so labor doesn't deserve fair treatment.

According to the workers/citizens of Michigan that voted down Prop 2, yes...that might be considering factor in their decision. I'm explaining why liberals are pitching hissy fits providing workers with a simple choice.

#55 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

so i just read that police and firefighters are exempt from the michigan union busting poo. why is that?

#56 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

According to the workers/citizens of Michigan that voted down Prop 2, yes...that might be considering factor in their decision. I'm explaining why liberals are pitching hissy fits providing workers with a simple choice.

what's that, the choice to organize and sign exclusive contracts? oh wait no we can't give THAT choice to employers and workers, right?

#57 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

so i just read that police and firefighters are exempt from the michigan union busting poo. why is that?

There is no legislation that busts unions. Quit lying.

First responders are exempt to avoid life threatening issues. Remember...this state has Detroit in it.

#58 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Here's the real issue...unions are operating their budgets like democrats run governments.

http://www.eiaonline...sets2010-11.pdf

Who's freeloading now on the backs of mandated contributions and compulsory memberships?

#59 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

I dont have any problems with unions giving to the democrats so strongly as long as citizens united is in effect. I dont like being forced to join a union just to have a job. Thats why i am fine with right to work laws.

If the union wants my dues they need to show me value. If the union is upset about losing dues then they need to step their game up.

That being said. Ill give cantrell this. This hange has nothing to do with workers rights and is all about reducing union power

#60 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,772 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

If the Republicans actually cared about "right to work" they would work at convincing the union members to be more active in their unions and help call out bad leadership. You know, all that "free market, not government mandated!" stuff you hear is so good.

But of course, like VoteRid and gerrymandering, its only about using whatever power they still have to legislate elections in their favor since actual voting is not getting them anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.