Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nakamura to IR

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Nakamura to IR:

CHARLOTTE – Safety Haruki Nakamuraicon-article-link.gif, the only member of the Panthers' secondary to start all 13 games this season, has been placed on injured reserve with a season-ending groin injury suffered in Sunday's victory over the Atlanta Falcons.

Nakamura is the fourth full-time defensive starter to go on IR, joining linebacker Jon Beasonicon-article-link.gif, cornerback Chris Gambleicon-article-link.gifand defensive tackle Ron Edwardsicon-article-link.gif. He sustained the injury while trying to make a touchdown-saving tackle of Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones in the fourth quarter.

Carolina filled Nakamura's roster spot by signing safetyAnderson Russellicon-article-link.gif from the practice squad and added defensive back Kamaal McIlwain to fill Russell's place on the practice squad.

http://www.panthers....e5-06cb85fd478c

Posted

tom-haverford-face.gif
4 people like this

Posted

don't want anyone to go to IR, but I wanna see more of the Campbell kid

Posted

GIVE-ME-A-HELL-YEAH-62993006893.jpeg
2 people like this

Posted

don't want anyone to go to IR, but I wanna see more of the Campbell kid

Campbell played well, or at least that was my impression.

Posted

Maybe next year (pleasepleaseplease) we'll be in such a condition at safety that he'll never play another defensive down again.

Posted

Who?

Posted

well thats just unfortunate

Posted

you people are sick that are cheering about him going to the IR. Yeah he is a terrible player and I want to see less of him and more of Campbell but don't cheer somebody's injury. I guess this is the end of his days in Carolina though

Posted

Nakamura played a huge role in this disaster of a season, but even so I don't feel good about him being injured. All the terrible players who ruined this season should be sent packing, and Naka should be the first to hit the bricks.

Posted

wait, so all that practice at karate splits don't actually help you on the football field? at least now we have an excuse to find a real safety.

Posted

I hate this. Wouldn't wish a injury on anyone. But as a football player he SUCKS!