Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherTrain84

WOW, the Chargers game could have HUGE draft implications.

108 posts in this topic

Im really torn. One win and we all but guarantee to miss out on Star Lotoulelei and Joekel, on the bright side im a big fan of drafting Keenan Allen or Lewan and i could see both of them being there at 12-15

Going all Natalie Imbruglia on us Alan

A competent GM will make the #12 pick a home run.

Hurney made all his first rounders home runs.

Can we let Hurney draft just the first round this year?

Hurney made all his first rounders home runs.

I had been part of the crowd for a long time that thought a higher draft pick, as painful as the season is, isn't a bad thing and is a chance for major improvement. However I got to thinking about it recently and I've decided that the most consistently dominant team the past decade (Patriots) never pick in the top ten, and yet they remain dominant. Why? Because they have a VERY good FO. They take picks in the high 20s and make the most out of them. You don't need a top five pick to get a contributor for the next decade, you need a competent staff and GM.

So I am now officially in the "To hell with draft position, lets win some damn games!" crowd.

Win the damn game!

I'm a better salesman when we win. I'm a better husband and dad when we win.

4 people like this

At this point, I would rather lose out with the chance of picking 3rd or 4th to get Joeckel. We are paying Gross too much money. (The same with Gamble) Plus it would guarantee Rivera will be gone. Losing out would be the best thing for the future of this franchise.

1 person likes this

I had been part of the crowd for a long time that thought a higher draft pick, as painful as the season is, isn't a bad thing and is a chance for major improvement. However I got to thinking about it recently and I've decided that the most consistently dominant team the past decade (Patriots) never pick in the top ten, and yet they remain dominant. Why? Because they have a VERY good FO. They take picks in the high 20s and make the most out of them. You don't need a top five pick to get a contributor for the next decade, you need a competent staff and GM.

So I am now officially in the "To hell with draft position, lets win some damn games!" crowd.

I have never advocated for, nor will I ever, advocate losing for ANY reason.

1 person likes this

This is what i would like. Team plays well, Cam plays lights out, Luke keeps racking up the tackles but we lose out so we can still nab a good draft pick. Just think. A D line of Dwan, Star, Hardy and CJ backed up by a Urlacher 2.0 MLB with Kuechly, our D would be otherworldy!

dont forget a beason and davis LB core. our only problems then lay in our secondary. we need a answer for our FS problem and getting a shut down corner would let us be able to pass rush more which is a need

We finish five and one fug it. My only fear is we keep rivera and start badly again next year. Can Ron only win when the pressure is off?

You all do realize if we win out then its all but certain Rivera stays? Its fine with me but I know a lot of you on here are on the fire Rivera bandwagon and thinking he will be fired if we win out and go 7-9 are just plain delusional. Name one single HC who got fired after their 2nd year as a HC after posting a better win/loss record in their 2nd year?

screw draft positioning! Just because youre in the top 5 doesnt mean youre going to get the best player. Tom Brady was selected in the 6th round. You play to win and as fans you watch because you want to see your team WIN.