Photo
- - - - -

WOW, the Chargers game could have HUGE draft implications.

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

I hope we continue to look good for the rest of the year. I hope Cam continues to light things up. Yet if we could lose in the process, that would be good as well. Carolina right now, has got to be the most alluring spot in the entire league. Name me another team (who will be searching for a new coach) that has a great young QB, two young great DEs on the pass rush, and a great HOF potential young MLB? If you can do that, then there is another team more alluring than the Panthers. Right now, a potential coach has to see Carolina as a championship handed on a golden platter.

#32 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I hope we continue to look good for the rest of the year. I hope Cam continues to light things up. Yet if we could lose in the process, that would be good as well. Carolina right now, has got to be the most alluring spot in the entire league. Name me another team (who will be searching for a new coach) that has a great young QB, two young great DEs on the pass rush, and a great HOF potential young MLB? If you can do that, then there is another team more alluring than the Panthers. Right now, a potential coach has to see Carolina as a championship handed on a golden platter.

Posted Image

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Keuchly, possibly the best 4-3 MLB in the league, as a fuging rookie, was drafted at #9.

Neither one of our stud DE's were drafted in the first two rounds.

Quit getting your panties in a bunch over draft position.

#34 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Win out. We cannot do anything else than that. JUST WIN BABY WIN!

#35 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

major bologna up in this delicatessen

#36 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

If only we banned users for consistently making terrible threads.

Panthertrain would've been gone a long ass time ago.

#37 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

It doesnt really matter

Winning out, losing out = top draft pick

Doesn't matter to me. Both make me feel good

Although higher draft pick > winning out

#38 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

You do realize we will have a new GM next season? Very rarely do they keep a coach from a previous regime and bring in their own staff.

Also, if this team were to win out I think it's more the players giving it their all knowing they got to play hard to make a good impression on the GM and new head coach next season.

We will see. I just get q feeling Rivera staying is up to JR and if we win 4 in a row and improve on last years record I just dont see him not getting one more year.

#39 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

I see it as a challenge for the new GM to pick another monster like Keek wherever we pick. I hope it's in the teens, cuz fug losing out.

#40 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

We will see. I just get q feeling Rivera staying is up to JR and if we win 4 in a row and improve on last years record I just dont see him not getting one more year.

late season surging didn't save Mike Tice

#41 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

For the love of all that is good i hope RR is not here come next season.

#42 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

late season surging didn't save Mike Tice

If Rivera is gone then I wont lose sleep. While I do think he should get one more season ONLY and ONLY if we win out and finish 7-9, its not like im entrenched in my opinion and would also be ok with a change.

#43 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

For the love of all that is good i hope RR is not here come next season.

Oh if we finish 7-9 I will bet top dollar he stays. Pat Y seems to think frm what he has heard, JR thinks very highly of Rivera and a 7-9 record might be just the thing giving JR a chance to retain him for one more season. As ive said before, find me one, just one HC that got fired after 2 seasons when the 2nd season had a better record than the 1st season

#44 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I will be perfectly honest. You guys are convincing me that winning out might just be better. I mean both are stud DEs are late rounders and our stud MLB was 9th overall

#45 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Oh if we finish 7-9 I will bet top dollar he stays. Pat Y seems to think frm what he has heard, JR thinks very highly of Rivera and a 7-9 record might be just the thing giving JR a chance to retain him for one more season. As ive said before, find me one, just one HC that got fired after 2 seasons when the 2nd season had a better record than the 1st season

regardless of overall records how many games have we lost that we should have won? about 4-5? that all comes down to game management and decision making skills. that game first game in ATL if we went for it instead of punting it away we drive down the clock and win yet we give it to matt ryan to make us pay. we have yet to put back to back wins together. thats not just on players and injuries. thats on RR not being able to motivate the players and lead them to back to back wins and keep us on track. two seasons of having poor poor opening season then trying really hard the last half. If you havent noticed Cam keeps us in games he gives us a great chance to win and i think RR clearly diminishes that with lack of overall leadership and game management skills. he needs to be gone if we hope to be serious contenders next year. we should be in the playoff hunt next year. Ask yourself this, Do you see Ron Rivera as a Superbowl winning coach? cause thats the ultimate goal right? I dont see him winning it all. On to the next please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com