Photo
- - - - -

WOW, the Chargers game could have HUGE draft implications.

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

and every team that wants to trade back gets to.

flawless plan.

Every team has needs, but many teams are desperate at many positions (ie, there doesn't have to be a once in a generation QB, or even a stud OT or DT for trade value). The Cowboys traded up to get a CB and the Falcons gave up FIVE(!!!!!) picks for a WR! Different teams fall in love with different players at different positions for all kinds of different reasons. With a savvy GM, the possibilities are mahy, including simply staying put and getting to chose who WE want.

#92 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,389 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

You should be a GM

i know, right?

#93 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

I have never advocated for, nor will I ever, advocate losing for ANY reason.

I just can't believe I went for so long without noticing the reason some of us want to lose for a higher draft pick. It's because our coaching and management are so atrocious that our only hope for improvement was with a top five blue chip player. Dynasty teams don't need high picks because their management and staff know how to get a contributor out of any pick and the know what to do with those players once they get them. Carolina has a losing mentality right now but with Cam/Keek/Kalil/CJ/Hardy being our new nucleus, we have a good chance to turn this thing around and get our attitudes right if we can GET A GOOD GM AND COACHING STAFF FFS

#94 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,389 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Every team has needs, but many teams are desperate at many positions (ie, there doesn't have to be a once in a generation QB, or even a stud OT or DT for trade value). The Cowboys traded up to get a CB and the Falcons gave up FIVE(!!!!!) picks for a WR! Different teams fall in love with different players at different positions for all kinds of different reasons. With a savvy GM, the possibilities are mahy, including simply staying put and getting to chose who WE want.

how often does it work out for the team that gets all those picks?

#95 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

It's a win win situation.... If we lose we win, if we win we win.... We're winning ether way

#96 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

how often does it work out for the team that gets all those picks?

In those particular trades, I think the jury is still out but I would say the Rams and Browns both won! The Patriots make a living off of trading back and the Cowboys built their dynasty on the Herschel Walker trade, which included 18 players or draft picks.

The trade value chart exists for a reason. Though never exact, it shows the general value, and whether staying put or trading, that value is huge.

#97 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

To hell with draft position, I want a winning record in the overall history of the franchise. I want consecutive winning seasons. I want to not face 1-15 or 2-14 again in my lifetime.

Good Luck, LOL.

#98 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,389 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I have never advocated for, nor will I ever, advocate losing for ANY reason.

apparently i did when i was desperate for luck or cam (and it was a 1a/1b type deal). i didn't remember it, but someone decided they wanted to prove i'm a liar when i said i never approved of losing and went back and found where i said i thought it was worth it to lose for a franchise QB that had once in a generation talent/potential.

of course i don't feel that way now and it's weird thinking that i ever felt like that but oh well....me not remembering = me being a liar. at least that's the way it was told to me.

where would we be if it weren't for the past post police?

#99 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm just gonna post this in every panthertrain thread from now on

Posted Image

#100 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'd rather win out then have the number 5 pick

No doubt, homey.

You show me anyone that wants to "lose" and I'll show you a certified LOSER.

We don't need losers in this fan base, so if you are then GTFO. Plenty of other NFL teams you can pull for.

Zod please, please ban anyone in this thread that states they want us to lose for draft position. Unacceptable.

#101 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

No doubt, homey.

We don't need losers in this fan base, so if you are then GTFO. Plenty of other NFL teams you can pull for.

Zod please, please ban anyone in this thread that states they want us to lose for draft position. Unacceptable.

7-9 is unacceptable. I know, being a season ticket holder from day one, that we have been 7-9 SIX times. 7-9 this year would make SEVEN times. And for what???!!! I am tired of it. I want greatness. I want titles. This state only has one professional title in any sport, and that is only because the Carolina Hurricanes were the worst team in hockey in 2003, allowing them to draft Eric Staal. Again, the value of high draft picks for a new GM and new coach is immense.

#102 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hello you play to win the game.

#103 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

No doubt, homey.

Said the exact same in all these crap ass treads. Its straight loser talk ALL the way around.

#104 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

I wish someone would take the time to do the research on teams that picked in the top ten (hell top 5) over the past decade. And post it for all to see. Would love to see how those high draft picks, helped your perennial bottom feeding teams.

#105 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

If it's possible, we should trade back if Joeckel/Star/Hankins are off the board. We can trade back to around 15-22 and pick up Warmack. The trade should give us a second and a third.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com