Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 Dead in Oregon Mall Shooting Spree **Republican tears pages 8-12**

202 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm good with it.

Posted

c'mon man... you're fighting a losing battle YML...

Posted

love the title edit btw

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm right. fug what you have to say. You are all stupid.

-says all Liberals

And god forbid you say otherwise.

Posted

In the words of the great Shaggy

"It wasn't me..."

Posted

In the words of the great Shaggy

"It wasn't me..."

Of course not.

Posted

I'm right. fug what you have to say. You are all stupid.

-says all Liberals

And god forbid you say otherwise.

You really aren't helping the "you are all stupid" stigma

Posted

You really aren't helping the "you are all stupid" stigma

Your mom. Is she dead? I hope so. Make you feel better?

Posted

lol

you truly are a blessing to this forum. It's like watching a train wreck...if that train happened to be carrying Git R Dun paraphernalia

Posted

Great thread, will read again. AAAA++++++

Posted

gospodin...

I'm not one of those who cling to the "well regulated militia" aspect of the Constitution. I know there are tons of them, and the vilification of gun lovers is often well deserved. I also understand the argument folks are making in this thread about assault weapons (even though in NC it takes a lot to get fully automatic ones) and I can agree that not everyone should have them (even in the semi-automatic versions). But at the same time, there are people that should be able to. People collect all kinds of things, and some people simply like guns. Those same people can, more often than not, be very responsible with them.

I personally have no desire to be part of a well regulated militia. I just want to be able to possess something that I can enjoy on my own time, while being responsible and safe with it. I admire the way the mechanics and processes of firearms work. To an extent, it is almost an art form.

Yes I know it can be deadly. But so are a lot of things people do responsibly.

I really am caught in the middle. But, the ultimate conclusion I have come to, as with a lot of things, is that I want the government to leave me the fug alone so long as I am being a responsible, upstanding citizen.

Bad apple legislation doesn't allow for that.

i own a 38 special. i've said several times on this forum that i'm in favor of the right to own guns. in fact, i'd bet that many of the people here who have argued for gun control actually own guns. regulation =/= banning all guns. the problem is that whenever regulation is mentioned, the people whose guns double as penis extensions lose their fuging minds.

I really am caught in the middle. But, the ultimate conclusion I have come to, as with a lot of things, is that I want the government to leave me the fug alone so long as I am being a responsible, upstanding citizen.

the problem with that is that while you may be entirely responsible with your weapons (a negative impact of regulation, presuming that you're responsible), others may not. i argue from the perspective that if it's more difficult for you to obtain a weapon, and potential gun crimes are avoided as a result, it's a net positive. i fully understand that you "want the government out of your life," and i've taken similar stances re: the govt's intervention in the market for the benefit of the private sector. however, i would also like to know that we're at least trying to make it harder for people like the guy from oregon, or loughner, or james holmes to obtain weapons. "they're going to do it anyway/they're going to find the gun they want anyway/whatever" arguments do not absolve the government of the responsibility to attempt to rectify problems like this; instead they stand in the way of progress.

part of the problem is the sad state of mental health in the US, as well as socioeconomic stratification; i think it's a multi-pronged problem that requires a wide range of policy change. that being said, when people (not you iirc) resort to "there's nothing we can do don't take mah gun," little is accomplished.

Posted

pawpaw is rolling over in his grave currently