I'm good with it.

#182 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

c'mon man... you're fighting a losing battle YML...

#183 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

love the title edit btw

#184 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm right. fug what you have to say. You are all stupid.

-says all Liberals

And god forbid you say otherwise.

#185 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,309 posts

In the words of the great Shaggy

"It wasn't me..."

#186 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

In the words of the great Shaggy

"It wasn't me..."

Of course not.

#187 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm right. fug what you have to say. You are all stupid.

-says all Liberals

And god forbid you say otherwise.

You really aren't helping the "you are all stupid" stigma

#188 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

You really aren't helping the "you are all stupid" stigma

Your mom. Is she dead? I hope so. Make you feel better?

#189 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

lol

you truly are a blessing to this forum. It's like watching a train wreck...if that train happened to be carrying Git R Dun paraphernalia

#190 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Great thread, will read again. AAAA++++++

#191 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,378 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

gospodin...

I'm not one of those who cling to the "well regulated militia" aspect of the Constitution. I know there are tons of them, and the vilification of gun lovers is often well deserved. I also understand the argument folks are making in this thread about assault weapons (even though in NC it takes a lot to get fully automatic ones) and I can agree that not everyone should have them (even in the semi-automatic versions). But at the same time, there are people that should be able to. People collect all kinds of things, and some people simply like guns. Those same people can, more often than not, be very responsible with them.

I personally have no desire to be part of a well regulated militia. I just want to be able to possess something that I can enjoy on my own time, while being responsible and safe with it. I admire the way the mechanics and processes of firearms work. To an extent, it is almost an art form.

Yes I know it can be deadly. But so are a lot of things people do responsibly.

I really am caught in the middle. But, the ultimate conclusion I have come to, as with a lot of things, is that I want the government to leave me the fug alone so long as I am being a responsible, upstanding citizen.

Bad apple legislation doesn't allow for that.

i own a 38 special. i've said several times on this forum that i'm in favor of the right to own guns. in fact, i'd bet that many of the people here who have argued for gun control actually own guns. regulation =/= banning all guns. the problem is that whenever regulation is mentioned, the people whose guns double as penis extensions lose their fuging minds.

I really am caught in the middle. But, the ultimate conclusion I have come to, as with a lot of things, is that I want the government to leave me the fug alone so long as I am being a responsible, upstanding citizen.

the problem with that is that while you may be entirely responsible with your weapons (a negative impact of regulation, presuming that you're responsible), others may not. i argue from the perspective that if it's more difficult for you to obtain a weapon, and potential gun crimes are avoided as a result, it's a net positive. i fully understand that you "want the government out of your life," and i've taken similar stances re: the govt's intervention in the market for the benefit of the private sector. however, i would also like to know that we're at least trying to make it harder for people like the guy from oregon, or loughner, or james holmes to obtain weapons. "they're going to do it anyway/they're going to find the gun they want anyway/whatever" arguments do not absolve the government of the responsibility to attempt to rectify problems like this; instead they stand in the way of progress.

part of the problem is the sad state of mental health in the US, as well as socioeconomic stratification; i think it's a multi-pronged problem that requires a wide range of policy change. that being said, when people (not you iirc) resort to "there's nothing we can do don't take mah gun," little is accomplished.

#192 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

pawpaw is rolling over in his grave currently

#193 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

i own a 38 special. i've said several times on this forum that i'm in favor of the right to own guns. in fact, i'd bet that many of the people here who have argued for gun control actually own guns. regulation =/= banning all guns. the problem is that whenever regulation is mentioned, the people whose guns double as penis extensions lose their fuging minds.

the problem with that is that while you may be entirely responsible with your weapons (a negative impact of regulation, presuming that you're responsible), others may not. i argue from the perspective that if it's more difficult for you to obtain a weapon, and potential gun crimes are avoided as a result, it's a net positive. i fully understand that you "want the government out of your life," and i've taken similar stances re: the govt's intervention in the market for the benefit of the private sector. however, i would also like to know that we're at least trying to make it harder for people like the guy from oregon, or loughner, or james holmes to obtain weapons. "they're going to do it anyway/they're going to find the gun they want anyway/whatever" arguments do not absolve the government of the responsibility to attempt to rectify problems like this; instead they stand in the way of progress.

part of the problem is the sad state of mental health in the US, as well as socioeconomic stratification; i think it's a multi-pronged problem that requires a wide range of policy change. that being said, when people (not you iirc) resort to "there's nothing we can do don't take mah gun," little is accomplished.

Agreed on pretty much everything... I think I just see the "fixing" of socioeconomic and mental health issues as pipe dreams at this point, and that maybe people that come to the same conclusion should be able to obtain whatever means necessary to make them feel safe in their homes and on their person. This is, of course, assuming they are legally obtaining said means via laws already in place that make it a process to do so anyways.

If anything, firearm crime matched against current gun laws and regulation should indicate that said regulation is flawed. I think we agree there. However, I believe you take the optimistic approach that more regulation could fix this, while I think it does the opposite.

good talk though

#194 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

And sink to the bottom with the submarines.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationOut in God's country.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

It makes me feel bad when a pro gun person (like myself) is willing to go through regulation and have certain things controlled and yet others turn the argument into a "you're a fine young male" and "i hope your mom is dead" tirade. That's the kind of "ignant" people that make the "pro gun" crowd look bad. Even while the "libs" are willing to let you keep your guns in regulation you're still trying to belittle them and tell them their fathers didn't love them.

#195 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

I cried myself to sleep last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com