55 replies to this topic

#16 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,213 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Didn't you say "Their job is to say something ignorant like the OP" I am the OP. So isn't that an insult?

And your post was about their ignorance, correct? You described What they consider "are" options to be?

I guess I could have worded it better, but using context from my entire post shows that I was aiming the "ignorant" adjective towards WFNZ

#17 rdog157h

rdog157h

• ALL-PRO
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

Yeah it could've been worded better! Seemed like a shot at me. But anyways, what I meant is why would you want a coach that just lost 58-0 or a coach who gave up the farm for Tim fugng The Golden Calf of Bristol in Carolina?

#18 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Lets be real here guys, the only reason we even listen to WFNZ is because its the only station in town that caters to the local sports franchises. The national outlets dont even know the "Charlotte" Panthers even exists, so if you want to hear coverage on the team, this is it... IMO, Jim ruins the Mac Attack show with his lack of knowledge and lame, poorly timed jokes. Brett Jensen is simply a prick and one of the rudest SOBs ive ever heard on the radio. He hangs up on callers at the drop of a dime when they dont agree with him.

#19 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,006 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I love the Mac Attack and I'm ok with the Drive. You've got to remember our market size and buying power. That station can't exactly afford major talent. I like them for the most part. They are just trying to earn a living doing something they love. Brett Jensen needs a new career, that guy hates sports.

#20 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

I am interested in Bruce Arians. It's worth looking into.

So you want the Hispanic coach to be fired so you can bring in an Arians?

#21 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Whisenhunt was a coordinator for a super bowl winner and then took the Cards back as a head coach. He sucks this year because he has John Skelton and Ryan Lindley (sp?) as his QB...and he has actually won the same amount of games as Rivera has with Cam Newton this year. Don't see the problem at all with him.

Maybe McDaniel learned from his mistakes...but would rather have Whiz.

#22 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I love the Mac Attack and I'm ok with the Drive. You've got to remember our market size and buying power. That station can't exactly afford major talent. I like them for the most part. They are just trying to earn a living doing something they love. Brett Jensen needs a new career, that guy hates sports.

Brett Jensen hates life..he has no business to be on the radio.. His career peaked in college.

Mac Attack to me is the Huddle in radio form. With the above 21 year old huddlers at least.

WFNZ-The Drive from 3-7 is actually a quality show (high level guests) but having Marc with a C as the solo host this week is like nails on the chalkboard...having the douchey Host going solo is awful. you cannot have the Lima bean of radio be the main course.

#23 Louie

Louie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Yes. Marc with a "C" James is terrible. No way in hell would I want Ken Whizenhunt here. His team has already quit on him. At least the Panthers have not quit on Rivera. I must say that I like Frank Garcia and Mark Yarboro better than The Drive.

#24 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yes. Marc with a "C" James is terrible. No way in hell would I want Ken Whizenhunt here. His team has already quit on him. At least the Panthers have not quit on Rivera. I must say that I like Frank Garcia and Mark Yarboro better than The Drive.

Again...he had to bench John Skelton in favor of Ryan Lindley. We wouldn't have won ONE game with those QBs, much less 4. The dude is a good coach. He had Roethlisberger lobbying for him and Berg was openly pissed off that the Steelers didn't hire him when Cowher retired. He'd be a great coach for Cam IMO.

#25 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

I think Whisenhunt would be a good HC for us. Cardinals just don't have much to work with

#26 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,346 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

I suspect Rivera will get one more year... beating the Falcons is "trending up".

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,187 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

i want better than rivera...those two guys ain't. there is worse than the status quo. there is worse than rivera....much worse.

#28 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,333 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

I suspect Rivera will get one more year... beating the Falcons is "trending up".

So the rest of the season doesn't matter?

#29 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I was listening to the "drive" the last couple days and I think I could host that show! I think one of them is out and the other is hosting. But whoever has been hosting this week is a fuging idiot! He wants Ken Whisenhunt as our next coach or Josh McDaniels! Out of all the coaches that will be available you land on these two scrubs? Keep Rivera if that's are options!

U could certainly host the show. Almost anyone could do a better job than those two clowns. I'd bet money that WFNZ highly regrets not paying Mark Packer. The ratings have dropped. I work in TV/radio man and I can assure you that station is hurting. You should check ESPN 730.

Regarding the coaches though, I'd take Rivera over McDaniels even if the panthers lose the remaining games. I'm not as turned off by wisenhunt though. He's in a bad situation out there.

David Shaw is near the top of my list but I doubt he's leaving Stanford.

I'd rather then give RR another chance then make a reach for a guy like McDaniels.

#30 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

I think Whisenhunt would be a good HC for us. Cardinals just don't have much to work with

Yeah I gotta admit the thought of Wisenhunt is intriguing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com