Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carl Spackler

George Shinn champions cause to bring Hornets back to Charlotte

24 posts in this topic

Yeah I read this article today while taking a sh1t at my parents house.

If Jordan is wise, he will immediately nip this in the bud. Shinn is nothing more than a white collar criminal who screwed an entire city and fan base. Not to mention he single handedly drove one of the most marketable NBA teams into the red.

Now he's trying to weasel his way back into this?

No thanks. I want absolutely nothing to do with Shinn, and to be blunt about it if they are going to bring him back into this in ANY capacity, this Hornets 2.0 isn't for me.

1 person likes this

"If Michael sees fit, I'd like to help." - Shinn

http://www.charlotte...me-belongs.html

black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

Does your gif express that you are okay with Shinn coming back into the picture?

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Does your gif express that you are okay with Shinn coming back into the picture?

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

1) Not OK with him coming back into the picture, but that's not the point of the column anyway. All Shinn would do is be another voice to Stern saying, "Look, this is what they need to do. Work with Jordan on it." That's all. It's not like Jordan would hire him as a consultant or anything. I am, however, in favor of getting the name back.

2) 25. Attended Hornets games as a kid. Frequently attend Bobcats games now.

So the guy who took the name with him and caused this whole fiasco with his bs is now for it. Got it.

What about a Charlotte Hornet reunion? LJ, Zo, Mugs, Dell, Kendall Gill, Rex Chapman etc. Shinn took our identity away and he knew that. That guilt must be eating him up.

We forgive stupidity everyday so maybe all will be forgiven once the NBA gives us our team name and mascot back, but for now Shinn, stay out of the way.

You let Shinn back in and we might as well book a flight for the team and organization to Seattle.

I'm serious man, if they bring Shinn back in ANY capacity with the Hornets rebrand....I'm f*cking done man and might just drop the NBA altogether

• Topics

• Looked at both your posts, they didn't improve so I will pick this one. Cherrypicking a stat or six game period that was decent hardly justifies that we were middle of the pack. First of all this discussion was about cornerbacks not defensive ends so your run defense and sack stats means little. Newsflash. We were top 10 in rush defense because teams didn't have to run on us when they could pick up chunks in passing the ball. We were 26th in number of rushing attempts by the opponent meaning 25 teams had the opponent rush more times than we did.  And we were second in sacks for the same reason. Teams passed all the time on us giving us many more times to sack them.  We had the 6th most passes thrown against us. We were second in sacks behind Arizona- 47   to their 48. But they had 547 attempts against them versus our 612. So we had a sack for every 13 attempts. Arizona had a sack every 11 attempts. Even Buffalo which ranked 9th in sacks with 39 had the same one sack for every 13 passes attempted as we did. Teams completed passes almost 70% of the time which also ranks us 29th. We were tied for 22nd with 4 other teams in giving up 7.5 yards per pass play.  We were 21st in yards surrendered in total defense. And in points surrendered we were 26th not 15th. That was offense not defense that was 15th. With all the offense and Shula bashing I can understand why you might think the defense was better than the offense but it was the other way around. TL,DR Wrong we are one of the worse defenses in the league no matter how you look at it.
    • Man, listen. You've already proven on here you're ignorant to a lot of what's going on and get all your talking points from heresay. Earlier in this thread you said Kaepernick hadnt done much, when all you needed to do was a simple google search to find out he's done quite a bit.  Buy you're right in that I think you're a racist person, and I've never accused or called anyone that on this forum. I rarely bring up race. Your first sentence proves to myself and to most who'd open this thread you're indeed racist, and at the very least prejudiced. That's how you would be seen. And my culture? Wtf do you know about my culture man? Of course you and dude can have a civil conversation. You're not attacking him, but you did attack me with your first sentence. I've been on this forum for years, and have seen you're type of talk being spouted in this forum for years without ever saying anything. Finally decided to say something, and I'm going to call it like I see it and call you what I think you are  

• There really isn't a huge difference between the 62s and 57 but the price point differences are staggering. The 2016 Maybach 57 is actually a great value for executives/corporate travel

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle