Photo
- - - - -

Why is everyone jumping on the Rivera Bandwagon?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hey, I was on the Rivera Bandwagon before it was cool(puts on retro glasses that he actually doesn't need).

#47 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Bottom line is when games matter and are on the line....Rivera coaches safe and scared.

What he does in meaningless games now....doesn't mean much

#48 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

I never jumped off of it. I believe he, like anyone else, should have three years.

Even idf he sucks, which...he does?

#49 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 5,422 posts
  • LocationAlmost where I want to be...

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

The actual size of the Rivera Bandwagon is depicted below...

Posted Image

#50 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

1-12 in close games also has a lot to do with players dropping the ball....many times literally.

#51 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

All of us Panthers fans might have to put the intrigue aside for now and let the rest of this season play-out. If the Panthers continue to trend in a positive direction heading into the offseason, then don’t be surprised if Rivera gets another year to get this team back into the postseason.
At the end of the day, if you're one who believes a head coach should at least get three years to build a winning team, then Rivera, after this past Sunday, should be kept on board.

#52 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,696 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

I never did believe in ron ron. I would much rather see chud as head coach than ron who had shown me nothing. Just what does he bring to the table? What is he improving? He has no passion no fire no sense of urgency. Time for chico to make his exit.

#53 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

So you putting ATL loss on Cam more than Rivera having Naka as S over Martin?

You putting Chi loss on Steve slipping more than our defense giving 15 yards cushion against their offense, letting the same play happen over and over again all the way down the field?

All im saying is the HC's jobis to put us in a position to win, he did that in the first Falcons game. I love Cam as much as any other Panther fan but the fact remains if he didnt fumble we win. Same could also be said about the Seahawks game. Imagine how many games we would have won if we started out with the offense that we run now.

#54 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Think about this for a second. If Cam didnt fumble in the Falcons game, thats a Win. If on 3rd and 9 during the Bucs game, if Cam ran one more yard with 58 seconds left, that game never goes to OT and we win. If Steve Smith didnt slip against the Bears, thats another win, which in turn puts us at 7-6 right now WITH one of the hardest schedules in the league.

We still had the ball after that fumble. If we go for it on 4th down, that's a win. Same with the bucs game. If we don't play the same defense every play against the bears that's another win.

#55 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,050 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Since it's not my decision , I'll wait and see what the new gm will do.

I can think of worse things than the new gm keeping Rivera.

#56 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,029 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

I still want him gone. Even if he wins out, the team wasn't ready for the beginning of the season. Way too many mistakes were made by him, just him, not including the other coaches, that he needs to be fired. The new GM will more than likely bring in his own guy anyway.

#57 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

He has talent....we actually have a lot....that keeps us in games IMO. Usage prevents us from winning.

Almost every team in the NFL has our "talent" or more. Rivera has it no different. I don't see why that would even be a factor.

What he did inherit wasn't so much talent, but a bunch of bad contracts that forced them to use personnel that doesn't work for their systems. The more important thing is the talent at the bottom of the roster, because our best chance a fielding a good team next year, imo.

Should also remember Rivera and Cam went through sophomore slumps together kinda.. They struggled to deal with over hyped expectations early but now seem to be settling in and starting to get the job done.

#58 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I'm not, he sucks

#59 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I never jumped off of it. I believe he, like anyone else, should have three years.

No I've seen enough. Another year of looking at Rivera's deer in the headlight game day face is just not imaginable.

#60 E CaT PanTHer

E CaT PanTHer

Aite, Lets Do It !!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Rivera went 6-10 last year, and a lot of that had to do with CAM's amazing rookie season.

If Cam struggled his rookie year like he has this year, we would have been 2-14 at best.

Don't get me wrong, Rivera is a great coordinator. Just not fit to be a HC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.