Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Norman in the doghouse

83 posts in this topic

Posted

As Smitty told him This aint coastal carolina anymore son!

Posted

Norman may go the way of McClain if he don't get his poo together. I don't understand how people think this a Rivera issue. Takes more than draft hype and training camp highlights to cut it on the field on sundays. The guy has been a major disappointment.

1 person likes this

Posted

Norman may go the way of McClain if he don't get his poo together. I don't understand how people think this a Rivera issue. Takes more than draft hype and training camp highlights to cut it on the field on sundays. The guy has been a major disappointment.

I wouldn't consider him a disappointment given where we drafted him

Now if we went after Fleming/Bolden in the 4th or Hosley/Hayward earlier, we could be in a way more comfy situation. Probably wouldn't have Adams or Amini but that wouldn't be so bad. :)

No use in looking back but I really thought we should have capitalized on this past drafts deep CB class.

Posted

Doesn't matter

Rivera is gone anyway... so screw him and his worthless "doghouse". Im starting to hope we lose so there's no doubt he's gone

Posted

I thought Rivera came out and said his benching was planned to get a look at the younger guys.Could be wrong... To me a 5th round rookie is a young guy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rivera's bs reasons make no sense when considering he kept Nakamura as our starting safety all year.

2 people like this

Posted

Best scout team in the nfl

Posted

Why does everything have to be taken to the extremes with some of you guys? It's either "he's a baller, Rivera fuging blows!!!11!1!1" or it's, "he sucks and is a major dissappointment."

Maybe he hasn't developed as well as the staff had hoped, maybe the staff feels like they don't have the leeway to be starting bad players to see how they do, or maybe it's Rivera teaching Norman a lesson because he thought he'd arrived by being a starter already and Rivera is showing him that there are plenty of other guys to look at if he isn't cutting it.

Not everything is so black and white.

6 people like this

Posted

How the hell is a 5th round DB, that's playing at a level comparable (better than some) to all the top drafted CBs, disapointing!? Damn near EVERY rookie CB in NFL history has struggled, their first season.

He isn't playing at a level of cornerbacks drafted before him. His completion percentages, which were never really impressive, have gone up and was up over 80% the weeks leading up to the Falcons game.

I expected him to progress through the season, and Rivera's actions show that he isn't doing what is asked.

Look at the completion percentage of guys like Gilmore, Hayward, or even a guy drafted way after him like Dennard. Though their completion percentages are all over the place they aren't as consistently high as our guy has been. I'm not giving up on him, but he has to improve and yes he has been a disappointment considering the fact he was tagged as the steal of the draft and a ball hawking corner. He's looked more like a 5th round corner thats not ready to start than the guy who is ready to play 100% of the snaps at his position.

1 person likes this

Posted

... are you guys high? Norman's been getting ABUSED over the past few weeks. I was high on the kid too but his play has dropped off significantly recently. Rivera probably did it to send him a message. He needs to get his crap together.

Posted

Whatever he still our best corner for me in madden....playmaker

Hell yeah straight ballhawk, just gets burned every once in awhile, but I get my share amount of picks with him.