82 replies to this topic

#61 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Gucci you are not my mothafukkkkkkkkkkkin ni99@. But you can't do it. I gave you guys and example of his clear cut suckfest in ATL. You are taking the easy way out, I knows Haruki has fuged up plenty, but not more than others who include, Gross, Amini, Hangman, Norman. and most def James Anderson and Beason before IR.

He kind of fugged us against NYG by playing 40 yards deep. But that is also on McDermott. If you don't think your free safety can play free safety at 20 yards away from the LOS, then that FS has no real business being out there.

#62 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

And none of us know why Norman was benched. He's a friggin late round rookie we took a flyer on. He's not guaranteed a damn thing. Unless he is balling out, Rivera might just want to see what kind of talent there is at CB on this roster in the next few games because the season is already lost. It could be forward thinking from a coach who could possibly be here next year. If the next guy blows and you lose, no harm no foul. If he kills it or at least shows progress, maybe you reduce Gambles cap number, let Captain walk via FA, put Norman in the slot where he can play man all day, and go from there. It might not be Rivera hating players for the sake of hating them.

#63 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

He kind of fugged us against NYG by playing 40 yards deep. But that is also on McDermott. If you don't think your free safety can play free safety at 20 yards away from the LOS, then that FS has no real business being out there.

The depth isn't always referring to the spot the player lines up but the often the depth the player plays at when the play is live. So many of you seem to think the coaches are just controlling these guys like its a video game or something.

#64 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

From what I've read about Josh Norman, I don't think his confidence is going to be shaken by being on the bench.

I also think that this is an audition for Captain Munnerlyn's replacement.

#65 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

The depth isn't always referring to the spot the player lines up but the often the depth the player plays at when the play is live. So many of you seem to think the coaches are just controlling these guys like its a video game or something.

I said it was on McDermott and Nakamura both, because I'm not there at practice, defensive meetings, or looking at sideline photos to determine where the coaches expect him to be at the start of any given play. So no, I don't think the coaches control player position like a video game. I, unlike most folks coaching from their Cheetoh stained sofas, don't pretend to know where every player is expected to line up on every given play. So I spread the blame around to all parties involved. The fact that he has played so far back over multiple stretches makes me wonder if he can't cover at a normal distance, why is he so far back?

#66 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Exactly, Nakamura should have been cut a long time ago. Yet he benches the better corner we have. Sorry, captain is #2. Norman was playing well.

what the fug are you guys watching! I swear half of you take the opinion of the popular huddle stance and repeat it as your own.

#67 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I said it was on McDermott and Nakamura both, because I'm not there at practice, defensive meetings, or looking at sideline photos to determine where the coaches expect him to be at the start of any given play. So no, I don't think the coaches control player position like a video game. I, unlike most folks coaching from their Cheetoh stained sofas, don't pretend to know where every player is expected to line up on every given play. So I spread the blame around to all parties involved. The fact that he has played so far back over multiple stretches makes me wonder if he can't cover at a normal distance, why is he so far back?

Honestly, I just think the game is a little too fast for him and there is really no telling if he will be able to catch up. He can be at least a situational player now, but Im willing to bet Rivera would've rather played someone else from the start. Turns out Norman just didn't have the chops, now we have to hope he can find a way to work back into the rotation, but I really don't see it.

He seems to have some special talents, but he was thrown into a situation and showed a lot of bad on tape. Lets hope its a Joe Adams situation where he finds his way back on the playing field.

#68 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

I have been saying it for a long time, Josh Norman has too much mouth for how well he plays. I don't like it. Put in the work, put in the history, and then run your mouth as much as you want. He acts like he's already gone to the Pro Bowl with the way he runs his mouth. Every time he gets beat, he gets up looking for somebody else to blame. I can't stand it. Josh Thomas has done twice as well and quietly.

#69 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Some posters here are just amazing. "Norman played great in the begining of the season so he will always be great and Rivera is an idiot".

It is obvious you do not watch coaches film reruns or check high quality stats like profootballfocus (the payed for type). Norman played a lot better in the beginning of the year. Other teams now has tape on him and can expose his weaknesses. Those are the facts here.

To me the benching is not suprising. He give up couple of completions, has one defended (that might not even be thinks to him but a receiver drop) and he celabrates like he just won the Super Bowl. Confidence is a good thing but he has to much of it compared to the level he is playing at the needs to be remided he is not Champ Bailey.

In the process we get to see if Dockery is worth keeping.

Norman is still a great 5th round pick-up. He can still be coached to be a, I hope, very solid starter at corner. And benching him is a way, in my opinion worth trying, to get him there.

#70 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

I don't think people are so mad about Norman's benching as they are the hypocrisy of some of RR benching decision. Adams get the dog house for 1 bad game but Naka plays until he gets hurt after having a few bad games. Martin has to kill himself to get playing time for making the same mistakes (last year) that Naka was making this year. Armanti has made 2 catches this season and done nothing on special teams. Gettis (who still has more catches even thoe he has missed almost 2 years) can't get a sniff of playing time.

I know RR says he wants to look at young players. But isn't Gettis young? When is he going to look at him?

#71 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Last I read, RR said he was using this time as an evaluation tool for the younger guys on the team. I think they see that Norman has the tools... and will be good. but who is on the roster that can be 'salvaged' that's young and has potential?

But I do agree that over the season, RR has benched people and there has not been a clear reason why. Like Gettis. He came back, he was in Practice. Hell he was on the field this past weekend. But, wasn't he back 3 weeks ago... ready to go? Active, and then sat down.

I dunno what to think at the moment. But here's hope'n we find some young guys that can help in the future of this team with the new regime that should.most likely will start come this off season

#72 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

I don't think people are so mad about Norman's benching as they are the hypocrisy of some of RR benching decision. Adams get the dog house for 1 bad game but Naka plays until he gets hurt after having a few bad games. Martin has to kill himself to get playing time for making the same mistakes (last year) that Naka was making this year. Armanti has made 2 catches this season and done nothing on special teams. Gettis (who still has more catches even thoe he has missed almost 2 years) can't get a sniff of playing time.

I know RR says he wants to look at young players. But isn't Gettis young? When is he going to look at him?

There is no need to validate if Gettis is the real deal. He has already proven he is when 100% healthy and in playing form, so the "play young guys" does not apply to him. So either he sites because RR and the rest of the staff think he is not 100% yet or he site because RR want him to suffer. I go with the first option...

The difference between Naka and Martin is that he does what he is suppose to do, just not well enough becuase he lacks the ability (to slow), kind of like getting a 90% performance every play. Martin is 100% when in the right place but you have to count on him totally missing his assignment 1-2 times a game (with potential very long gains/TD as a result). Naka is not going to get faster because he is benched, but Martin might take it as a motivator to learn the playbook.

i am generally not a big fan of this "benching to improve", I just saying that is the most likely logic behind the decisions. And even though I agree Adams should miss one game after his 2 fumbles I do not see why it had to be so many.

#73 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Exactly, Nakamura should have been cut a long time ago. Yet he benches the better corner we have. Sorry, captain is #2. Norman was playing well.

Norman was simply letting guys catch the ball....and then tackling them. Repeating that over and over. He wasn't showing progress or adjustment....and was clearly being outplayed by Josh Thomas.

By mid season, Norman was too big of a liability once teams figured out the routes he simply couldn't stop.....and Rivera got tired of it.

#74 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,068 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Norman had a completion % over 75 the last four games highest by far on the team and one of the highest in the NFL.

we will have none of that....stats and examples are not allowed in the Huddle.

#75 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,068 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Norman was simply letting guys catch the ball....and then tackling them. Repeating that over and over. He wasn't showing progress or adjustment....and was clearly being outplayed by Josh Thomas.

By mid season, Norman was too big of a liability once teams figured out the routes he simply couldn't stop.....and Rivera got tired of it.

^^^this 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.