82 replies to this topic

#41 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Could be, but I didn't see those stats.

That has nothing to do with Rivera's ineptness as a head coach, personnel manager, and talent evaluator.

If he had shown he knew what he was doing in previous cases then I'm behind it, but all other instances this has happened has shown he has no rhyme or reason for his decisions, and often it is the wrong one.

I agree about Rivera's coaching, I just disagree with using passes deflected and tackles to say Norman shouldn't have been benched.

#42 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Wait I'm confused...

Our corners are Captain and Thomas? Whose the nickle?

And why did we move Godfrey to free safety?

#43 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I agree about Rivera's coaching, I just disagree with using passes deflected and tackles to say Norman shouldn't have been benched.

Yeah, I was just giving those as an example that he was doing some things right. I know those aren't the most important stats for a corner, so it was a bit of a fallacy, and I basically said as much when that article was posted.

But, I still go back to Rivera's history. The biggest issue I've had with him is the apparent lack of coaching and a complete disconnect with players on gamedays, especially players on the defensive side of the ball. I can only surmise that he isn't much different in practices. He seems to rely on delegation rather than coach hands-on.

I also question the timing of the personnel moves he makes, which adds to the "no rhyme or reason" or senselessness of most, if not all of them.

#44 broseidon

broseidon

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room
HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

I don't think his dog house holds any weight.... Heck Nacamoron is still playing, he should have been fired after the falcons game

#45 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

I don't think his dog house holds any weight.... Heck Nacamoron is still playing, he should have been fired after the falcons game

Herp derp Nacamoron derp. Other than Falcons 1.0 how has Nakamura fuged us? Enlighten me please

#46 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Herp derp Nacamoron derp. Other than Falcons 1.0 how has Nakamura fuged us? Enlighten me please

No need to explain. Can already tell you don't watch the games.

#47 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

The problem here is Rivera would rather bench players rather than coach them up. Benching rookies can really hurt a rookie's confidence. Coaches are supposed to coach up players. That's why they are called "the coach". Norman was good enough to start 10 + games. It's not like he suddenly sucks. If he is giving too much cushion, coach him to play tighter. If he can't choose which route to defend against, coach him to defend the best possible route and stick with it. Instead Rivera takes the easy way out and decides to bench him.

As far as Adams. Rivera benched him way longer than needed. A couple games at the most would've done it. Instead Rivera decides to not even bother coaching him up and keeps him in the doghouse to "set an example".

Another thing I saw Sunday was Armond Smith returning kicks. If Rivera knew Smith was a better option at kick returning, why not activate him weeks ago? Does it take over 10 weeks for him to suddenly decide Armanti isn't the answer and Smith is better? They certainly practice these things.

Finally, the biggest problem people seem to have is Rivera's hypocricy. He talks about benching players not performing to standards and "setting an example" or "wanting to look at the other young players" yet he trods Nakamura out on to the field every Sunday. Rivera is incompetent and lacks the leadership and coaching skills needed to be a head coach in this league.

#48 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I thought it was pretty obvious that Rivera wanted to look at the other young guys.
Especially since that's what was reported.

I know... Mind blower.

#49 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

No need to explain. Can already tell you don't watch the games.

So obviously you have no examples and are on the huddle hate wagon.

#50 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

HUDDLER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

not really bothered by it, he's nothing more than depth that was getting abused. Might as well see what Dockery and Thomas continue to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users