#1 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

From 12 teams to 14 or 16 teams...

I guess the positive would be the Panthers could possibly still be mathematically alive for a playoff spot, However, I am still not a fan of the idea... Seems like more of a $$$ grab.

http://www.nfl.com/n...anding-playoffs

"Right now we're with 12 teams obviously. We'll look at probably 14 or 16 teams," Goodell said.
Goodell made it clear that the competition committee has considered such expansion in the past, and it clearly hasn't happened. The benefits of more playoff games are obvious: more teams involved in the race late in the season, and theoretically more television money.

#2 AvatarBlock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

You think that this will go into effect for this season? Not quite how it works.

#3 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

You think that this will go into effect for this season? Not quite how it works.

No not this season, but he brought it up and would like it next year or 2014 at the latest.

I was just speaking hypothetically that if we did have a 16 team playoff (Half the freakin NFL) that we might still be mathematically alive even at our current record.

#4 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

You'd have way too many teams making it, but it would theoretically make it more exciting. Maybe 14, not 16. Not a fan of the idea overall though.

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

It kind of defeats the point of having a good regular season if you can go 8-8 or even 7-9 and have a shot at the Super Bowl.

#6 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

It's perfect as is.

Stop fugging things up Goodell...

#7 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

So if there are 14 teams, that's 7 each conference...does that mean the first seed gets a bye all the way till confrence championship...trying to figure how the fug that'd work. Maybe I'm just tired as fug right now too.

Let see...1 vs 2, 3 vs 4 then 5 vs 6 with 7 on bye..then lets say 1 win then plays 4, so then 7 would play winner of 5 vs 6....

Yeah fug it. Keep the game we all have come to love the same. It doesn't need touching up other than maybe the new shitty helmet to helmet, defenseless receivers, and kickoff bs. Fug u goodell

#8 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Posted Image

#9 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,345 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

It's perfect as is.

Stop fugging things up Goodell...

They used to also play 14 games a year and people said the same thing when they tried to move it to 16.

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,277 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

When Roger Goodell talks about player discipline, I generally agree with him.

Outside of that though, I'm hard pressed to find another topic on which I think he's got the right idea.

#11 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,209 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

^ agreed. (with BB, for the first time ever)

I think I'd like the half-league playoffs. Either that, or stop letting division champs get in automatically. If anything, the current system allows for mediocrity more than if they were to just let the best 6 or 8 teams go to the playoffs instead of division champs + 2 wildcards.

#12 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

So if there are 14 teams, that's 7 each conference...does that mean the first seed gets a bye all the way till confrence championship...trying to figure how the fug that'd work. Maybe I'm just tired as fug right now too.

Let see...1 vs 2, 3 vs 4 then 5 vs 6 with 7 on bye..then lets say 1 win then plays 4, so then 7 would play winner of 5 vs 6....

Yeah fug it. Keep the game we all have come to love the same. It doesn't need touching up other than maybe the new shitty helmet to helmet, defenseless receivers, and kickoff bs. Fug u goodell

My guess would be expand the 14 would be 7 teams in each conference with the #1 seeds getting a first round bye

1st round - 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5.
Then in the second round the #1 seed would play the lowest seed remaining from round 1, while the other two teams play each other.

If it expands to 16 teams, that's 8 teams each conference, so no byes just 8 teams lineup in single elimination for both conferences

#13 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

http://www.printyour...limination.html

I like a 14 team format, remember the Bucs at 10 wins a few years ago? they didnt make the playoffs.

Imagine the possibility of all teams in one DIV finishing 13-3. all teams only lost to each other once and beat each other once. One of those teams will not be allowed to go to the playoffs in the current playoff system.

I wouldn't mind even having a 16 team playoff bracket.

#14 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

double post.

#15 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Just cuts out some of the meaningless play. If more teams have a chance, then more teams are really trying down the stretch, more fan interest as well. I don't know how I feel about it really, but it makes sense..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.