Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elections over...here come the new regulations

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Its always good to know that "pulling a CWG" means "pointing out how terrible your arguments are".

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BBQ&Beer' timestamp='1355412109' post='2044505']
Because it was in the meeting.

Political expediency. (Just a tip, questions don't end with a period.)

Now then why did Republicans make "insuring Obama was a one term president" their top priority instead of creating jobs?
[/quote]

Why didn't Obama make creating real jobs a top priority? (See, there's a question mark.)

Posted · Report post

A+ thread everybody.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1355415021' post='2044562']
If the restriction of privacy is supposedly geared towards stopping terrorist (see: muslims, or palestinians as you pointed out) then you are all for - Nothing to hide, nothing to fear GO TEAM USA.[/quote]

Be specific.

[quote]But when the danger to privacy might actually affect you and is apparently geared towards EVERYONE, well now it's a problem!

Here's a hint, the restrictions on privacy, no matter the bullshit reason they state, really effects everyone. Privacy is privacy and it's restriction can be abused no matter the cause of it's inception.[/quote]

I'm not saying anyone has a right to privacy on government roads. That's already been determined.

[quote]But when it's sold as a way to go after a group of people, never mind the fact that it does nothing but promote racial profiling as has been documented THOUSANDS of times. Well that's just all puppies and sunshine for G5.
[/quote]

Again...made up nonsense.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers_Lover' timestamp='1355421512' post='2044658']

Why didn't Obama make creating real jobs a top priority? (See, there's a question mark.)
[/quote]

He did. That's why job losses slowed, then reversed, & we are slowly gaining more jobs. The recovery would likely be more rapid if not for the Obama admin making poor investments with some of the stimulus money & the Republicans being so concerned with representing the "butt hurt constituency" & making Obama a one term president.

Now then, why were Republicans more concerned with making Obama a one term president than creating jobs?

(See? I answered your question instead of trying to deflect or running away.)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BBQ&Beer' timestamp='1355425948' post='2044754']
He did. That's why job losses slowed, then reversed, & we are slowly gaining more jobs. The recovery would likely be more rapid if not for the Obama admin making poor investments with some of the stimulus money & the Republicans being so concerned with representing the "butt hurt constituency" & making Obama a one term president.

Now then, [b]why were Republicans more concerned with making Obama a one term president than creating jobs?[/b]

(See? I answered your question instead of trying to deflect or running away.)
[/quote]

I don't think they were ... maybe just as concerned?

I hope you're not accusing me of trying to deflect or run away.

I believe that while the unemployment rate finally has come in under 8%, we still have more and more people dropping out of those being counted because they've given up looking for work.

I think Obama made a lot of promises about fixing the economy and fixing it fast, and that hasn't happened. Not that I believed it could be fixed fast ... but it's been much, much slower than promised, and many people are still struggling.

Posted · Report post

He actually did reverse the staggering hole we were digging with the stimulus, the unemployment rate data shows this.

It's really easy to look at something that worked given it's political limitations and say that "It wasn't that great!".

Hint: for the past 4 years we were told by Republicans that we needed to cut government spending to save jobs. Now we are being told by Republicans that unless we avert these automatic government spending cuts we could lose jobs.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthers_Lover' timestamp='1355430775' post='2044876']

I don't think they were ... maybe just as concerned?[/quote]

When the head of Senate Republicans says "The SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE WANT TO ACHIEVE is to make him a one term president." I think you're wrong.

[Quote]I hope you're not accusing me of trying to deflect or run away.[/quote]
Then you shouldn't deflect. Granted the question was directed at someone else but you chose to respond & that response was a lame attempt at deflection.

[Quote]I believe that while the unemployment rate finally has come in under 8%, we still have more and more people dropping out of those being counted because they've given up looking for work. [/quote]
Plausible.

[Quote]I think Obama made a lot of promises about fixing the economy and fixing it fast, and that hasn't happened. Not that I believed it could be fixed fast ... but it's been much, much slower than promised, and many people are still struggling.
[/quote]
I think that Republicans spent too much time trying to make Obama a one term president instead of trying to help the situation.

Posted · Report post

Because they felt he would be bad for the country ... that his approach was bad. (Of course, others will say it's because he's (half) black.)