Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disciplining Children

81 posts in this topic

Posted

My dad was in army... He made me do crazy poo. Push ups, sit ups, run... He'd make me clean my room then he would walk in and swipe his finger in some dark corner and it would have dust... He would tell me to start cleaning my room all over again and he'll come back in an hour to check. Some days it took me almost 10 hours to clean my room for his approval... When I lied or disobey him, ass whooping with a thick leather belt was incoming. My ass was black and blue. My sister got pretty similar treatment. My sister and I love my dad. He always reward us when we did good, always. But he always made us pay when we fuged up.

Posted

The question is what do you do when they get used to being deprived or scolded or even spanked and dgaf

That's what I wanna know

Posted

At 12 they can fend for themselves, so just kick their freeloading butt to the curb. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Spanking only comes from two events.

Talking back/disrespect shown towards parent or adult in guardian role or when doing something stupid that could cause serious harm to themselves or someone else.

I'm quite the jerk taking away stuff...but it hasn't seemed to work lately, BUT we're thinking about new stuff.

Posted

My kids are so young it's hard to say for a 12 year old.

One thing I know will always be true, be consistent in all of your punishments, whatever they are. That's the only way they'll ever have an impact.

Posted

Kids need to be spanked until they about 14. Then they will start settling in. Remember, you spank the child because you care and love him/her.

Posted

Kids need to be spanked until they about 14. Then they will start settling in. Remember, you spank the child because you care and love him/her.

lolwut

Posted

I call it tough love.

Posted

I think I was spanked until I was 9 or 10..after that..it was extra housework or poo got taken away

I do remember though getting back handed twice..once by Dad for not cleaning my room after he told me to do probably 20 times...

the other time was by my Mom when I was 17...we were fighting ...as usual and I said "What are you gonna do, fuging hit me?!"....SLLLLLLLLLAP! My Dad was right in the middle of that poo...God, I was such a fuging bitch

1 person likes this

Posted

this was my fathers philosophy... we do well, we're rewarded. we fug up, we're getting spanked with the wooden "stick" under the bed + grounded (didn't have much until i was older, so basically no TV, no playing with friends, pretty much went to bed after dinner... later on, no gameboy, sega genesis, music <-- hurt the most)

i hated it, and thought i hated my father for most of my younger years, but now that i'm an adult i have the utmost love and respect for him. i've turned out nothing like him, but i know that i wouldn't be who i am now without the way he raised me and wouldn't change a thing.

obviously, different people can get to that same outcome in different ways... and i'm not necessarily advocating spanking, but it's what worked for me - a hard-headed kid.

Posted

Was???

Just kidd...

Posted

To this day I am scared of getting my ass beat by my dad, who am I kidding.