Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LifeisaGarden

Disciplining Children

81 posts in this topic

Wait, does it extend to midgets also?

Only if said midget is the featured performer at a gentleman's club.

Wait, does it extend to midgets also?

If the midget is the child of the person doling out the punishment then yes.

Let's not look down on those who spanked shall we? Get it?

I'm just against hitting children, thats all.

so how do you discipline your young'uns Zod? Hypothetically, your 2nd Zodling breaks the windows out of your new shed after telling him 3 times not to throw rocks. You would....what?

I got spanked as a kid & I turned out OK. I do not hit my kids when Im mad, I will cool off & then deliver the poppin hand. It is not my 1st choice of discipline, but when talkin aint workin, they damn sure listen to gettin their bottoms popped. I used to explain to my kids that this was their punishment & what it is supposed to accomplish. My son knows what it is now, I still tell my 3yo why she is gettin what is about to happen...

so how do you discipline your young'uns Zod? Hypothetically, your 2nd Zodling breaks the windows out of your new shed after telling him 3 times not to throw rocks. You would....what?

Wouldnt happen. My kids aren't idiots.

I guess I am for spanking other people's idiot kids.

2 quick questions:

Is intentionally physically hurting another person against the law?

Are kids people?

Let the dancing begin....

Agreed. I think it's a bad idea to hit your kid. The fact that I even have to say that is pretty insane.

I'm not a fan of yelling at kids either. I'm not saying I have never raised my voice but I want to teach my son to solve conflicts in his life by being respectfully and reasonably so that's how I try to solve conflicts with him.

I got spanked as a kid & I turned out OK. I do not hit my kids when Im mad, I will cool off & then deliver the poppin hand. It is not my 1st choice of discipline, but when talkin aint workin, they damn sure listen to gettin their bottoms popped. I used to explain to my kids that this was their punishment & what it is supposed to accomplish. My son knows what it is now, I still tell my 3yo why she is gettin what is about to happen...

Why did you tell him 3 times? After the first time of disobedience I would have taken him away from the rocks or told him if he throws another rock he is going to lose TV for two days. As for breaking a window, i don't care what level of damage they do. If he threw another rock and broke the window, he would have lost TV like i warned. Anger shouldn't be a factor in disciplinary decisions, just my opinion.

or what zod said

make him earn the money and fix the window himself?