Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disciplining Children

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Something I'm noticing in this thread is that the people advocating spanking tend to have poor grammar and social skills.

Maybe they weren't taught to talk through their problems.

Posted

Damn... Apparently Im not a good parent....

My kids arent idiots either, but they are kids.. Kids do stupid shtuff sometimes. Im sure it doesnt seem stupid to them at the time. I did stupid things growin up that I just did, not really thinkin about it. Youthful indescretions, if you will....

Why did you tell him 3 times? After the first time of disobedience I would have taken him away from the rocks or told him if he throws another rock he is going to lose TV for two days. As for breaking a window, i don't care what level of damage they do. If he threw another rock and broke the window, he would have lost TV like i warned. Anger shouldn't be a factor in disciplinary decisions, just my opinion.

or what zod said

I give my kids 3 strikes before I punish them on just about anything. Could be part of my problem... Mine are 3&5, I give them a lot of leeway because they are so young....

Yous have given me quite a bit to contemplate.. Appreciate all of your inputs & LiaG for starting this thread....

Posted

Please don't give out parenting advice.

I think Zod needs some spanking.

Posted

I still remember when I was about 11... My dad told me to be home no later than 6pm... My friends and I went fishing and lost track of time... So we got back home around 9pm. I knocked on the door, door opens and it's an absolutely darkness inside the house. I take 2 steps inside the house and BOOM!!! I found myself completely disoriented, laying on the floor. Apparenly my dad took one of his army boots and smashed me in the face with it when I walk through the door. I was never late again.

Posted

Something I'm noticing in this thread is that the people advocating spanking tend to have poor grammar and social skills.

Maybe they weren't taught to talk through their problems.

Or maybe english is their second language?

Posted

Their comes a time when my childrens dont do what there told and they catch a smack right theyre on the bottom. Were where you when I needid too take parental guydance skooling?

Im gonna half to pop them sometimes irregardless of what some peeple think.......

Posted

I still remember when I was about 11... My dad told me to be home no later than 6pm... My friends and I went fishing and lost track of time... So we got back home around 9pm. I knocked on the door, door opens and it's an absolutely darkness inside the house. I take 2 steps inside the house and BOOM!!! I found myself completely disoriented, laying on the floor. Apparenly my dad took one of his army boots and smashed me in the face with it when I walk through the door. I was never late again.

Is this suppose to be an example of good parenting? I'm sorry your dad treated you that way.

Posted

I deserved it. People might see it as abusive but you need to realize where I came from. When it got dark, no kid should be outside. They turned off power in our city every day after 6pm. Many kids gone missing after dark and never seen again. We got spanked hard by our teachers at school as well. When I was in 1st grade, teachers had a whip. They teach you how to obey elders from early age.

Posted

I deserved it. People might see it as abusive but you need to realize where I came from. When it got dark, no kid should be outside. They turned off power in our city every day after 6pm. Many kids gone missing after dark and never seen again. We got spanked hard by our teachers at school as well. When I was in 1st grade, teachers had a whip. They teach you how to obey elders from early age.

Yeah a similar strategy was used with slaves. Make them fear for their safety and well being, beat the respect into them. Other ways work too. Ones that don't involve threats, fear and physical violence.

Posted

Yeap, my fiancé is from asian and they were raised pretty much the same way. I think its very common in 3rd world countries.

Posted

Why ever are they 3rd world?

Posted

DP