11 replies to this topic

#1 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

http://www.cbssports...pected-to-split

This will have a lot of implication. We could now see ND back out of the ACC and join their catholic bretheren. This would eliminate any affiliation with a football conference and allow them to maintain independence without pressure.

This royally screws over ECU who was just invited to the league last week. Now they don't have a certain future. I doubt CUSA would take them back and I doubt they'd want to eat their pride and go back.

All of the other schools that left are screwed too.

#2 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Nite Nite big East

This is a pretty good read on the situation

http://sportsillustr...ball/index.html

#3 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,523 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

these schools would likely gut the A-10 for Bball schools... looks like charlotte is getting out just in time.

#4 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Let's just add UConn to the ACC already and get it over with.

#5 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

I would think the remaining big east schools stick together stick together for a while, but they are awfully spread out geographically

#6 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I would think the remaining big east schools stick together stick together for a while, but they are awfully spread out geographically

What remaining Big east schools? My understanding was that the conference would dissolve... you need a 2/3rd vote to dissolve the conference... right now it's the 7 catholic basketball schools, cincy, uconn, and usf... (Temple does not have right to vote in dissolution of conference). So essentially right now the 7 schools (70%) could vote to dissolve the entire big east conference.

#7 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

What remaining Big east schools? My understanding was that the conference would dissolve... you need a 2/3rd vote to dissolve the conference... right now it's the 7 catholic basketball schools, cincy, uconn, and usf... (Temple does not have right to vote in dissolution of conference). So essentially right now the 7 schools (70%) could vote to dissolve the entire big east conference.

Wow I havent looked at the big east lately, I thought they had more teams that weren't planning on leaving. Still, Cincy Uconn and USF are still appealing to a mid major conference. Maybe the C-USA takes them

#8 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

I would giggle if UCONN somehow ended up in C-USA. Just keep them away from the ACC as long as possible.

#9 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

agreed, UCONN brings less than Maryland. I wanna keep them and Cinci away from the ACC.

#10 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Lulz at ECU..accept who you are and come form a nice little football rivalry with my Niners.

#11 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Lulz at ECU..accept who you are and come form a nice little football rivalry with my Niners.

I wish no ill will on ECU, but I do find some humor in their situation. They applied to the Big East approximately 30 times. They finally get accepted and the conference falls apart a week later.

They'll land on their feet though.

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I doubt it changes anything for ND. Still money to gain by joining ACC and establishing new regular "rivalry" games with ACC schools in both sports (even though football would remain independent).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.