Photo
- - - - -

Andy Reid: No interest in taking a year off..

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

this thread has taught me one valuable lesson, press conferences > wins..

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

this thread has taught me one valuable lesson, press conferences > wins..

needed lesson.

i'll have that right next to yelling and screaming and spitting = being a good coach.

#63 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

needed lesson.

i'll have that right next to yelling and screaming and spitting = being a good coach.

And that guys who have won Super Bowls before give you the best shot of winning another one.

#64 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Andy Reid?

No thanks.

#65 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,878 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

People thought "It is what it is" was annoying with Fox. Just wait until they hear "I have to do a better job of putting guys in position to make plays." as the answer to each and every question asked. It's his way of mocking the media.

Reporter: "McCoy sustained a concussion in last weeks game, how long to you expect him to be out?"

Reid: "I have to do a better job of putting guys in position to make plays."

Reporter: "Geno's or Pat's Andy?"

Reid: "I have to do a better job of putting guys in position to make plays but they are both delicious."

Doesn't matter, Andy is headed "home" to San Diego if they finally wake up and get rid of Turner. At least that's where I hope he winds up. Go out there with Rivers and Ryan Matthews and turn that team back into a contender again. Time for him to go in Philly, but I think he will have success wherever he winds up.

Don't forget.

"I take full responsibility for what happened out there."

Listening to him mouth breathe, panting. barely able to make it through a post game interview explains the Walrus nickname despite the moustache.

Posted Image

#66 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Don't forget.

"I take full responsibility for what happened out there."

Listening to him mouth breathe, panting. barely able to make it through a post game interview explains the Walrus nickname despite the moustache.

Posted Image

my wife used to call andy reid and mike holmgren the walrus twins.

#67 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

He's too fat. Do not want.

#68 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

He will be coaching San Diego if I had to guess.

#69 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Andy's always had a great record, but Cam needs a more conservative approach when it comes to passing the ball. The worry is that Andy will make him air it out and pass it 50 times a game which is what he did with Vick and now doing it with Foles and Cam Newton shouldn't average more than 25 passing attempts per game with his int%.

I like the fact he believes in passing the ball. I hate the fact he is so stubborn he insists on passing so much with inefficient quarterbacks to the detriment of his team.

Then he expects his defense to win games when they have to deal with a -2 turnover margin. His firing of the defensive coordinator only proved to be a scapegoat, when the problem was Vick's turnovers all along. Defense got worse after he fired him. He should have started Foles much sooner. Now he's got his rookie passing 50 times a game without McCoy, without Jackson, without Maclin.

I just think Andy's lost perspective. It's just not a sound, winning, strategy. He needs an accurate, pocket passer(Brees!) to run the type of offense he likes or he's going to have to adjust, but so far his stubbornness tells me he won't.

Jesus. Will somebody ban this guy? We get it, you don't like a "certain type of QB." Now go play in traffic.

#70 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Not to mention that Cowher had most of those Division titles when the AFC North was Gid Awful.

Tomlin has had as much if not more success in his short time in Pitt. The Sterlers success is because if LeBeau...not Cowher or Tomlin.

Nope. The Steelers success has a lot to do with Tomlin and Big Ben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com