#1 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,849 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Watching TNF with the Iggles hosting the Bungles they kept talking about how Dalton was only the third QB to ever throw for 20 TD's in each of his first two seasons. (P Manning and Marino are the other two)

Cam's name was never mentioned despite only needing 4 more passing TD's to join that small group.

So, I'm really hoping Cam can throw for 4 more TD's over the next 3 games and add his name to yet another accomplishment so few others have achieved.

Too bad as long as its Cam the only number they'll focus on will be the W-L.

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

i think the next few weeks that cam could catch up with dalton.

next week they've got the TD stingy steelers and the ravens aren't exactly loose with passing TDs (even tho they're giving up the yardage.)'.

meanwhile, we've got the 25th, 27th, and 31st worst passing D' s at giving up TDs.

#3 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Records carry more value when they are accomplished while winning.

Andy and AJ got snubbed last year for what they did. They deserved more credit for being 2 rookies who pretty much took their team to the playoffs.

They are exactly the 2 guys I hoped the Panthers would have gotten. So much class in the post game interview. Very likeable guys.

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,849 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

I wouldn't trade Cam for Andy in any scenario. AJ is awesome, but I don't think you're giving their very good defense much credit.

#5 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I wouldn't trade Cam for Andy in any scenario. AJ is awesome, but I don't think you're giving their very good defense much credit.

consider who it is you' re talking to.

#6 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

I feel like Cam falls short of 20 for some reason

#7 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

3 games against bad pass D's and he's only, what, 4 away?

he'll get it.

#8 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

He'll pass for 4 on the saints D...his season total will be 22-24

#9 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Take A.J. Green away, Andy is poo. Take Smith away, Cam is still producing.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

chargers have given up 9 passing TDs in the last 4 games.

raiders have given up 8 in that same time and so have the saints.

i like cam's chances.

#11 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,878 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

I think a couple Smitty TDs in San Diego are a real possibilty.
Be great if Cam and Smitty could account for those 4 needed TDs just by themsleves the next 3 games.

#12 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

consider who it is you' re talking to.

I second that

#13 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Take A.J. Green away, Andy is poo. Take Smith away, Cam is still producing.

Based on what evidence or logic? Cam's not produced with Smith this year. Even after his recent great games, he's still only got 16 passing touchdowns for the season. Andy's got 21, tied for 5th in the NFL as of right now.

Cam benefits just as much from having Steve Smith as any quarterback would from an elite receiver. Go break it down and see which QB got the most yards after catch- total and per attempt- from their receivers last year. Nevermind the fact Smith's got much more experience than AJ. Andy is just a better game manager and understands the basics. You can win games with him and make the playoffs. Cam's still yet to learn that.

Marvin's bringing Andy along the right away. He let him manage the game and will let him open up this year. He's got more passing yards, more passing touchdowns, etc this year. He had an 80.4 Passer rating last year. He's a 90.3 this year. He's improved since his rookie season. Cam's regressed up until about 2 games ago, but you can't reason with Cam homers who think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Don't agree with the notion that cam has regressed, higher passer rating compared to last year now with no running game and a shaky o-line

#15 ReturnOfPFFL

ReturnOfPFFL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Don't agree with the notion that cam has regressed, higher passer rating compared to last year now with no running game and a shaky o-line

That was just in the past 3 games which he's put up huge numbers and helped bring it up. It doesn't wipe away how he's performed in the other 11 where he averaged close to 70 during that span. He played like poo. He's just now getting consistent, but there's no pressure anymore. It's almost a mirror image of how we ended last season. Beat 1 good team in the Texans and a string of terrible teams. This time he had a great game against Atlanta, but the others were against the Chiefs, Eagles and have the Chargers and Saints left....

I can't put any weight on that. The only thing I can take from this Chargers game is whether our locker room supports Rivera. If they bust their ass for him, they still like him and maybe a reason to stay. If they roll over in front of his old team...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com