• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BiG_E_DuB

Cam wearing Jake Delhomme jersey at practice

So my friend took a screen grab of this and I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Cam wearing Jake's jersey at practice yesterday.

Jake was on WFNZ yesterday too so I wonder if he as at practice and Cam did this a tribute? Anyone have any idea?

post-2960-0-00571100-1355491220_thumb.jp

post-2960-0-26970700-1355491228_thumb.jp

Jake had that special magic from 2003-2007. It would consistantly show up. Pending Tommy Jone is banned from the facility, maybe Cam is looking for some of that special something.

Plus, I think he wore it in practice prior to Atl didn't he? Maybe he is supersititous.

Sorry I must have missed the previous thread. I think this pretty cool and I wish one of our terrible beat writers would ask him about this

I wish people would give Jake the respect he deserves though. He flamed out at the end of his stint here and I was definitely ready for a change but he gave us all a lot of good years and memories. I hope he gets the chance to retire a panther. In our short history he is one of the better players to walk through the doors.

There was an article a few weeks ago that mentioned this: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/11/29/3696247/panthers-cam-newton-finds-its.html

In the past week, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has worn Joe Adams’ No. 15 jersey and Jimmy Clausen’s No. 7 on the practice field. Thursday, he practiced with his red No. 1 jersey on backward.

Why? Newton says he’s finding places to have fun as he tries to lead his team to a second consecutive win for the first time all season.

“It’s just something to have fun with, to see yourself in a different jersey number,” Newton said. “It’s kind of like comedy for practice just to change the vibe a little bit.”

I wish people would give Jake the respect he deserves though. He flamed out at the end of his stint here and I was definitely ready for a change but he gave us all a lot of good years and memories. I hope he gets the chance to retire a panther. In our short history he is one of the better players to walk through the doors.

He has five more playoff wins than Matt Ryan.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Chase Anderson

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts