• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

We heard this before yet the feds have conducted multiple and massive crackdowns in CA this year. I'm guessing he has no real control over what the FDA does and will make no real effort to help decriminalize MJ as he should.

President Obama says recreational users of marijuana in states that have legalized the substance should not be a "top priority" of federal law enforcement officials prosecuting the war on drugs.
"We've got bigger fish to fry," Obama said of pot users in Colorado and Washington during an exclusive interview with ABC News' Barbara Walters.
"It would not make sense for us to see a top priority as going after recreational users in states that have determined that it's legal," he said, invoking the same approach taken toward users of medicinal marijuana in 18 states where it's legal.

http://abcnews.go.co...83#.UMtWjG_s6ZL

#2 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

"not a 'top priority'" doesn't mean "we are going to ignore it and never arrest anyone for a violation of federal law"

I swear sometimes I wonder if some of you folks actually grew up speaking English or if its something you just learned.

#3 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

"not a 'top priority'" doesn't mean "we are going to ignore it and never arrest anyone for a violation of federal law"

I swear sometimes I wonder if some of you folks actually grew up speaking English or if its something you just learned.

Nice grammar.

Not a top priority would translate to me that they would not interfere with medical marijuana sales or sales for personal use where it is legal under state and federal law. It benefits nobody and is a huge waste of money that we need right now desperately.

The feds will continue to do exactly what they have been doing..

Marijuana will remain a top priority and it is disingenous for Obama to suggest otherwise.

#4 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Oh noes i caint spel gud enuf 4 u or did i put a coma in teh rong plac?

What your definition of "not a top priority" doesn't matter one bit unless you are in the upper echelons of federal law enforcement. The fact is he didn't lie. What he said just didn't jibe with what you thought he meant but that still doesn't mean he mislead.

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Obama not following through on something people made up isn't an actual lie. It's like the conservatives who said "Obama promised to hand everyone a thousand dollar bill I guess he found out his policy was bad!"

Not making something the top priority doesn't in any way suggest they plan to ignore it completely and let it proceed uninhibited

#6 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Not a top priority would translate to me that they would not interfere with medical marijuana sales or sales for personal use where it is legal under state and federal law.

Your translation is wrong. You just described not an interest or not a priority.

He said it was not a top priority. IE... not receiving as much funding as other things that are also priorities.

#7 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Obama not following through on something people made up isn't an actual lie. It's like the conservatives who said "Obama promised to hand everyone a thousand dollar bill I guess he found out his policy was bad!"

Not making something the top priority doesn't in any way suggest they plan to ignore it completely and let it proceed uninhibited

Not a top priority suggests that it is a top priority right now. Which it is. He is dancing around the war on drugs when we all know there will be no policy change at all.

In the article he goes on about how is doing this and that. Chatting about it with the supreme court. But his hands are tied etc...Big whoop.

Did you know the executive branch has the authority to remove cannabis from Schedule I of the controlled substance act? Then the DEA would not be forced to raid mom and pop pot shops. Why wouldn't he do that if he is being honest with us? He isn't.

Given how cash strapped we are and what a colossal waste of money the war on drugs has been for decades, this would make all the sense in the world.

#8 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

He said it was not a top priority. IE... not receiving as much funding as other things that are also priorities.

Well that ain't happening either.

#9 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

http://justsaynow.fi...-marijuana-law/

Some more of Obama's lies.

#10 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,355 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Who gives a fug if people smoke weed? It's not like it's something new. Get over yourself.

#11 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

From what I understand the raids in CA are due to CA's half-assed legislation regarding pot. They have basically said medical marijuana is legal but have little to no laws regulating it. Medical marijuana is essentially a legal black hole in CA and dispensaries starting popping up left and right as a result. The state had no clue what to do so the feds stepped in under since there were federal laws to handle it.

I'll bet money that this sort of thing doesn't happen in CO and WA because both states have taken a responsible path towards legalization. It's not Obama's fault, not the DEA's, the blame falls squarely on CA.

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

From what I understand the raids in CA are due to CA's half-assed legislation regarding pot. They have basically said medical marijuana is legal but have little to no laws regulating it. Medical marijuana is essentially a legal black hole in CA and dispensaries starting popping up left and right as a result. The state had no clue what to do so the feds stepped in under since there were federal laws to handle it.

This is not exactly what is happening but close.

The story is that CA allows cannabis but some local ordinances don't. So local ordinances tattle to the feds and they come storming in.

But the feds have also busted pot shops where they are legal. Anaheim for example passed a law halting new dispensaries but the DEA took it upon themselves to shut down the existing pot shops. The DEA has also sent letters to legal pot shops in CA demanding compliance with federal law.

When Obama took office he also promised a compassionate drug policy. The budget is the highest ever for 2013 and Obama pretends his hands are tied when they aren't.

#13 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Your translation is wrong. You just described not an interest or not a priority.

Barack Obama, who promised a compassionate drug policy while running for president but requested $25.6 billion for drug control in 2013—the highest yearly total ever.

Maybe it's all going to stopping prescription drug abuse. Who knows.

#14 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

I was just at the marijuana dispensary today getting some flowers for the game in San Diego on Sunday.

Ain't no Obama shut down any of my pot shops yet.

#15 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Looks like we will find out soon.

http://www.oregonliv...c_holder_s.html

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric Holder says he is in the last stages of reviewing new state laws legalizing recreational use of marijuana in Washington and Colorado.
On Tuesday, Holder told a meeting of state attorneys general he is examining policy options and international implications of the issue.

According to the U.S. attorney general, he is still in the process of reviewing the initiatives. Marijuana is illegal under federal law.

Holder's assessment could result in the federal government suing the states over the new laws. Alternatively, Holder could decide not to mount a court challenge. The Justice Department examination has been under way since shortly after last fall's elections. Washington and Colorado became the first states to pass laws legalizing the recreational use of marijuana.

I just feel like the federal government is going to have a hard time letting the war on drugs go. Would be pleasantly surprised if they decide to stay out of the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com