Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

School shooting in CT.

512 posts in this topic

Posted

I am obviously twice as old as most of you farts so let me tell you how things have changed.

I remember in the school parking lot how guys used to bring their rifles to school on gun racks and show them off just the same as they showed off their new white letter tires or 396 engines. Nobody ever worried or thought about something like this happening. I would not begin to try to say what the root cause would be for a lack of respect for other human beings would be. Probably not any one thing, but I am sure the Huddle will have it solved before bedtime.

Posted

ABC reporting he was autistic?

Posted

The Bible is far too violent a book to be in schools.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's mental illness. Schizophrenia hits mid 20s males

Posted

Programming.

Posted

American society has a serious issue when it comes to glorifying violence.

Guns are readily available and extremely efficient at what they are designed to do... kill.

The combination of these two elements helps explain why Americans are among the world leaders in gun violence.

It is long past due for a serious national dialog on steps to help reduce the likelihood of more events like Sandy Hook and the countless other mass shootings we have witnessed.

A relatively easy first step would be to close the loop holes that allows 40% of all guns to be purchased without any background check.

We know the NRA is adamantly apposed to this idea but most gun owners are not members of the NRA and do not support many of the NRA's more extreme positions.

It is time for responsible gun owners to have their voices heard and help prevent guns from falling into the hands of people that have no business having them.

Posted

I am obviously twice as old as most of you farts so let me tell you how things have changed.

I remember in the school parking lot how guys used to bring their rifles to school on gun racks and show them off just the same as they showed off their new white letter tires or 396 engines. Nobody ever worried or thought about something like this happening. I would not begin to try to say what the root cause would be for a lack of respect for other human beings would be. Probably not any one thing, but I am sure the Huddle will have it solved before bedtime.

Yup, I rode the bus with a kid who brought a pistol to school everyday. He told all of us on the bus, nobody snitched and he didn't kill anybody.

Posted

Now you're getting warmer...

But, the problem IS people... We've always been like this... You only hear about it more now because this is America... We're hundreds upon hundreds of years behind the rest of the world...

bull sh it

Posted

American society has a serious issue when it comes to glorifying violence.

Guns are readily available and extremely efficient at what they are designed to do... kill.

The combination of these two elements helps explain why Americans are among the world leaders in gun violence.

It is long past due for a serious national dialog on steps to help reduce the likelihood of more events like Sandy Hook and the countless other mass shootings we have witnessed.

A relatively easy first step would be to close the gun show loop hole that allows 40% of all guns to be purchased without any background check.

We know the NRA is adamantly apposed to this idea but most gun owners are not members of the NRA and do not support many of the NRA's more extreme positions.

It is time for responsible gun owners to have their voices heard and help prevent guns from falling into the hands of people that have no business having them.

unfortunately, most of the guns used in these situations are purchased legally. That said... I agree with you completely.

Posted

Major in house or in school changes from the time period

#1 Bible taken out of school

#2 Women taken out of homes and into the workforce.(away from properly raising children)I'm not against women in the workforce I just believe it has a negative impact on how your children are raised. How well do you know the people tending your child at so impressionable an age?

#3 Massive increase of Liberal ideology.

Notice all these acts are coming from kids 25 and below where the effects of these changes can been seen. Most 30 and below attended school with out the bible as did some of their parents.

Agree or disagree I don't much care. I'm just trying to give you answers I believe in.

ps. Also this is happening more in Blue states for that thats worth?

So all this started in... 1948? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

1914? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_bombings

(Dates adjusted to include time for the no god in schools, women working, liberal ideology, etc... to take effect.)

Posted

Good to see one of the most horrifying incidents in our lifetime turn into another Repub VS Lib pissing match, and I'm talking to both sides.

Stand down, e-warriors of the world. This isn't the time or place. These were freaking elementary school students.

4 people like this

Posted

You watch R-rated movies? Guess what? You've seen a murder, or at least it being simulated. It's our society as a whole.

To try to pinpoint it on one singular cause is ridiculous.

Our culture has shifted from one that was about looking out for your neighbor, treat others as you would want to be treated, etc. to one of ME, ME, ME. Society has been desensitized to violence in general. Everyone has started to limit their scope from them and their fellow man to just them as individuals. That's how you can have people get shoved onto subway tracks and have onlookers stand there and take pictures instead of pull him up.

Our society is superficial and only concerned with individualistic pursuits for the most part. Add to that all of the messages,images, and other forms of media that inundates already sick people with depictions of violence and it removes the human element from their thinking even moreso.

It's not one thing. And if it was, you should look at yourself and others - as in human interaction, concern, compassion...

Not trying to pinpoint anything. Notice I didnt blame an inanimate object for the murders.

But something is most definately hosed up in our society that mass murders are increasing in frequency. Violence breeds violence there is no doubt. Had this kid been brought up as children were 50 years ago and in that time and place there wouldnt have been a shooting - what has changed?

This country glorifies violence - plain and simple - from 11 years of killing folks in

Afghanistan to Iraq and now carrying out our battles via long range drones where the operators are killing real live people with around the world video feeds - and those folks killing people in Our name are our heroes according to the media - it Has to have an effect. And the effect isnt a positive one if you value the lives of the innocents.