Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

School shooting in CT.

512 posts in this topic

Posted

I really don't understand how some of you can hear about this and the first thing you think about is trying to push whatever your political agenda is. What bothers me is that innocent lives were taken and that I'm a criminal justice major who will one day have to deal with this. I feel extremely sorry for the cops who have to go into that school seeing the carnage knowing that it's their job to protect those children but they were had absolutely no chance of helping those poor people today.

2 people like this

Posted

It's only started in my community. Terrible tragedy that people overlook or use as an excuse for political hot topics.

True. Wishing you guys the best. Everyone in the country is at a loss as to how to help.

Correct on your assessment as to people jumping to their old axes and using this tragedy to grind them.

That was my reason for stating my exit, had nothing to do with a lack of feeling and horror for you folks up there. My best.

1 person likes this

Posted

is this why you liked a post blaming the shooting on liberals, secularism, and working mothers

edited

Posted

The mass shootings are coming so fast now that we didn't even have a "you're allowed to talk about it now" period between the last one and this one. If you prefer to plug your ears to social and political implications then why are you in the Tinderbox

Posted

Why are you reconsidering your decision?

I mean the sheriff can reject my request for no reason and with the news he just may do it.. just feels like its a waste of time since its a 30 min drive to the sheriff office.. may try at a later date.

Posted

The mass shootings are coming so fast now that we didn't even have a "you're allowed to talk about it now" period between the last one and this one. If you prefer to plug your ears to social and political implications then why are you in the Tinderbox

well as established previously the rules are that we can talk about how no school shootings ever occurred before godless liberal homosexuals ripped the bible out of schools and burned them while laughing and the bra burning feminists forced the womenfolk to get abortions and leave their husbands to start careers. that's alright.

it is in shockingly poor taste to politicize the event by attempting to open up a discussion regarding gun control, however.

Posted

You're allowed to take your Bible to school and even pray with it, by the way.

Posted

This isn't the time to debate guns= Don't you dare try to take muh guns

Posted

I have not read any posts in this thread. I am sure some will make me even more angry.

This horrific event is so incredibly sad...but I feel way to angry to cry yet. As I said in another post, I understand 9/11 more than I understand this.

​I blame the NRA. I blame the morons who yell about the 2nd amendment. That was written in different times, when "arms" were necessary for reasons that do not exist today. Slavery was legal then, women could not vote. Weapons have changed....to defend yourself from an enemy attack...one needs million dollar weapons. The stuff the NRA defends as a right is not only absurd....it is immoral.

It is the greed of those making money off these weapons that have killed our children today. (They wave the flag to get the support of the simple minded...to go along with the support of the criminals.)

Anyone in the category above, the blood of these children is on your hands and your soul. You oppose gun control....you helped kill them, along with many others every day.

I am mad. Very mad. I cannot even imagine how the parents of the deceased children feel. There cannot be anything close to this kind of pain.

We as a country have to do something to change this. We are not yet a civilized society.

My heart to those families who lost a loved one today. My heart also goes out to all the children in that school. Their lives have been forever changed.

7 people like this

Posted

If all those kids had been armed this never would have happened

1 person likes this

Posted

per a 2012 study by the pew research center 66.3% of US prison inmates identify as christians:

http://www.pewforum....ns-preface.aspx

I'M JUST SAYIN' GUYS

I wonder what percentage of them is in there for a drug related offense - seems like I read that 50 percent of the general prison population is.

My God doesnt recognise drug laws as sins or law.

Posted

Wow LP. Didn't think you had it in you.