Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

School shooting in CT.

512 posts in this topic

Wow LP. Didn't think you had it in you.

I generally like lp - but her post doesnt make much sense beyond being a general knee jerk type response - ie - its the guns fault

1 person likes this

also from todays news

BEIJING — A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-attacks-22-kids-knife-china-school-article-1.1220230#ixzz2F4pkyjqO

1 person likes this

Being on complete lock down in Norris during the VT shootings was very gut-wrenching and hard to comprehend.

Talking heads in the media need to understand that almost everyone on campus on that day and the days to follow wanted you out of there to allow us to understand what had just happened.

Nobody wanted you then. Nobody wants you in Newtown now.

I generally like lp - but her post doesnt make much sense beyond being a general knee jerk type response - ie - its the guns fault

I usually like her too but someone has to blame the guns. Let's not even blame her for blaming the guns. Let's let everyone be blameless.... Ahem now back to reality. This was the act of one kid. He would have done it one way or the other.

Wow LP. Didn't think you had it in you.

Not sure what you meant...and if you agree with me or disagree.

Yes, I have always had it in me. I am very passionate about victims. Children are off the charts for me.

No one can convince me that those soulless morons who yell the right to own automatic/assault weapons trumps a child's right not to be killed....or anyone's right for that matter.

What the hell does anyone need an assault weapon for?

1 person likes this

Blaming guns: knee jerk reaction that doesn't make any sense

Blaming vidya games: rational and well thought out reaction

1 person likes this

also from todays news

BEIJING — A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...0#ixzz2F4pkyjqO

0 dead.

Because he didn't have a gun.

3 people like this

Not trying to pinpoint anything. Notice I didnt blame an inanimate object for the murders.

But something is most definately hosed up in our society that mass murders are increasing in frequency. Violence breeds violence there is no doubt. Had this kid been brought up as children were 50 years ago and in that time and place there wouldnt have been a shooting - what has changed?

This country glorifies violence - plain and simple - from 11 years of killing folks in

Afghanistan to Iraq and now carrying out our battles via long range drones where the operators are killing real live people with around the world video feeds - and those folks killing people in Our name are our heroes according to the media - it Has to have an effect. And the effect isnt a positive one if you value the lives of the innocents.

I'm not even 30 yet and I greatly value human life and don't have any urge to act out violently towards anyone, including myself. Throughout my life, I have experienced depression and anger and any and every other emotion possible and it doesn't change my rationale or approach when it comes to how I value of human life.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but this isn't so much generational as it is a general problem.

As Panthro pointed out earlier, most mental illnesses present themselves in in the early 20s-mid 20s.

The problem isn't one thing but rather a plethora of things that are more prevalent and concentrated than they once were across every demographic, not just the younger generations.

The frequency of these type of events and the victims attacked in this one is extremely disturbing, but I think it is the way our culture has cultivated itself rather than young kids being raised with different standards than in the past...

Maybe that plays a role in it, but as I said, I think this is a problem permeating every part of society due to conditioning - both young and old have been affected by it.

well that's two sarcastic posts LP has taken literally today...

??

Sarcasm has no place in this topic. Can't imagine anything more serious.

I'm cool with gun control so long as the ruling government of the controlled state agrees to disarm to the same level.

I believe that the public should have access to the same weapons that the government has. If it's too dangerous for the public then it's too dangerous for the government.

If the government can own a nuke, then I want the same right, so long as I could hypothetically afford to buy it. If the government wants to disarm the citizenry, then disarm itself in turn.

I know this isn't a realistic opinion but it's mine.

2 people like this

I'm cool with gun control so long as the ruling government of the controlled state agrees to disarm to the same level.

I believe that the public should have access to the same weapons that the government has. If it's too dangerous for the public then it's too dangerous for the government.

If the government can own a nuke, then I want the same right, so long as I could hypothetically afford to buy it. If the government wants to disarm the citizenry, then disarm itself in turn.

I know this isn't a realistic opinion but it's mine.

Right on, right on!