Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

School shooting in CT.

505 posts in this topic

I have a gun safe, but by no means do I have my personal protection in the safe also. It is readily accessible. So I guess I might kill an intruder and then get cited by cops for not having them all in a safe?

I know, I am just playing devils advocate. Nothing easy about the whole situation.

I have a gun safe, but by no means do I have my personal protection in the safe also. It is readily accessible. So I guess I might kill an intruder and then get cited by cops for not having them all in a safe?

I know, I am just playing devils advocate. Nothing easy about the whole situation.

Yeah, there are some holes in the scenario, but I'm just trying to explore some options because something does have to change but taking guns away from responsible gun owners is not the answer.

In my ideal situation here, if a gun safe law like I'm suggesting is passed, I would also make it completely legal to shoot an intruder dead, no questions asked (so long as they were actually breaking in).

I know it's way too many hypotheticals, but again, just trying to explore the possibilities.

Both sides need to sit down and try to solve the problem, which could involve much more than just guns.

As has been said before, this country has had guns everywhere for a couple hundred years and all of a sudden, we are killing people in bunches. What has changed?

Both sides need to sit down and try to solve the problem, which could involve much more than just guns.

As has been said before, this country has had guns everywhere for a couple hundred years and all of a sudden, we are killing people in bunches. What has changed?

No need for muskets?

gazi i think stirs point and he can correct me if im wrong is, guns have been around since the start of our country. yet it seems our value systems and standards are what has changed the most. sure guns are faster or more powerful, but it still has to have a human to use it. i think the human has changed for the worse. after all, a human created a gun no?

he knows, he just likes to be a bit snarky from time to time.

you are exactly correct in your interpretation.

They should probably name the school after this girl. On second thought, they might just need to build a new school and name it for her.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/newtown-teacher-vicki-soto-remembered-article-1.1221004

gazi i think stirs point and he can correct me if im wrong is, guns have been around since the start of our country. yet it seems our value systems and standards are what has changed the most. sure guns are faster or more powerful, but it still has to have a human to use it. i think the human has changed for the worse. after all, a human created a gun no?

he knows, he just likes to be a bit snarky from time to time.

you are exactly correct in your interpretation.

I've just been keeping things inside. Better than thinking that we're going down the shitter as a civilization.

i don't think we are going downhill per se. we just don't value the right things as much as we once did. collectively humanity has no patience. we can't wait on anything anymore. so in our lust for more now, it has serious unintended consequences.

Technology is changing our lives quite a bit. Not saying that it is good or bad. It helps in communication, business, etc to make things quicker and such. But, I think it removes us from each other. Look at the Huddle. Most people here talk like they are the biggest, baddest, non caring people in the world. Of course it is the internet, but if we all met at a tailgate, the conversation would be much different.

Who knows but most of the folks doing these things are sort of disturbed, understatement I know. Look at Gabby Giffords shooter. That bald headed freak is a scary looking guy. Most of these folks are deranged, loners and are doing tons of damage to society. Not sure how you isolate them, but it seems with every event, there are people some days later, saying, "well, I knew he might snap someday".

What do you do?

http://www.washingtonguardian.com/washingtons-school-security-failure

Looks like everyone is gonna take it on the chin with this one.

As dumb as it was to blame a bridge falling in the upper midwest on Bush...this would be dumb to blame on this. The jerk busted through guns a blazing. He wasn't going to let a locked window door stop him.