#183 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

nothing is that simple, let alone this.

I wasn't saying the situation was simple... I was saying Tom Cat's need to somehow connect the dots and find a scapegoat was...

#184 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Ok show me a link that backs up the " stat " that you pulled out of your ass.

lets be serious here

the number is probably far less than 99%, but it's also probably far higher than what you think it is

one way or the other, a violent video game isn't to blame for this. next you'll be asking if he listened to marily manson

#185 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Ok show me a link that backs up the " stat " that you pulled out of your ass.

inform yourself.

#186 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

lets be serious here

the number is probably far less than 99%, but it's also probably far higher than what you think it is

one way or the other, a violent video game isn't to blame for this. next you'll be asking if he listened to marily manson

literally 99% of male teens play video games.

#187 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

No Im trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with our society that this sort of crap is happening more and more. There was probably more access to semi automatic weapons and firearms 40 and 50 years ago, but you didnt see this sort of thing happening then. something has changed and someone needs to find out what it is or we are going to wind up with this sort of mindless vilence escalating.

Now you're getting warmer...

But, the problem IS people... We've always been like this... You only hear about it more now because this is America... We're hundreds upon hundreds of years behind the rest of the world...

#188 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,944 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

No Im trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with our society that this sort of crap is happening more and more. There was probably more access to semi automatic weapons and firearms 40 and 50 years ago, but you didnt see this sort of thing happening then. something has changed and someone needs to find out what it is or we are going to wind up with this sort of mindless vilence escalating.

You watch R-rated movies? Guess what? You've seen a murder, or at least it being simulated. It's our society as a whole.

To try to pinpoint it on one singular cause is ridiculous.

Our culture has shifted from one that was about looking out for your neighbor, treat others as you would want to be treated, etc. to one of ME, ME, ME. Society has been desensitized to violence in general. Everyone has started to limit their scope from them and their fellow man to just them as individuals. That's how you can have people get shoved onto subway tracks and have onlookers stand there and take pictures instead of pull him up.

Our society is superficial and only concerned with individualistic pursuits for the most part. Add to that all of the messages,images, and other forms of media that inundates already sick people with depictions of violence and it removes the human element from their thinking even moreso.

It's not one thing. And if it was, you should look at yourself and others - as in human interaction, concern, compassion...

#189 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,110 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

eh don't let one idiot derail the thread

start a new topic for dumb vidya game discussion

#190 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

literally 99% of male teens play video games.

misread your previous post... thought we were just talking so called "violent" video games. i can't argue that number within America.

#191 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,499 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Whatever the numbers are, if you have kids, make sure you go home and hug them especially tight tonight. I know a lot of us lose track on what's really important in our lives and it is sad that sometimes, an event like this makes us forget the smallest things. I'm going to hug my kids until they turn blue.

#192 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm really confused.

So one report said his brother whichever one was presumed alive and in custody is actually dead and the shooter (Adam)?

There's for sure one dead at the school, one in custody, and one still updating his facebook account?

If they've been linking the wrong fb, there is going to be a lot and I mean a lot of blowback.

And I still can't get over how terrible this is.

#193 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'm really confused.

So one report said his brother whichever one was presumed alive and in custody is actually dead and the shooter (Adam)?

There's for sure one dead at the school, one in custody, and one still updating his facebook account?

If they've been linking the wrong fb, there is going to be a lot and I mean a lot of blowback.

Yea they are now saying it was Ryan's brother Adam that was the perpetrator and they had mistaken the two.

#194 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm really confused.

They apparently have been linking to the wrong fb.

Adam (apparently) is the shooter and the one dead at the school.

Not sure which one is in custody.

One report that another brother was killed earlier.

Then you have Ryan, the one with the FB account, who apparently was updating throughout the afternoon and is unlikely the one in custody ... but with things moving so quickly, it is confusing and nothing is certain.

Media who went out with the FB photo of Ryan without KNOWING it was the right person should be in a shitload of trouble! First is NOT always best.

#195 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

97 percent of teens play video games. There's a slight gender divide: 99 percent of boys compared to 94 percent of girls.

No. 1 game among teens was "Guitar Hero," followed by "Halo 3,"

Halo is indeed a violent video game.

http://www.csmonitor...and-video-games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com