511 replies to this topic

#196 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

However, looking at Ryan's twitter feed posted earlier paints him as pretty unstable.

#197 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yeah ... it's all very confusing

#198 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

if you want to look at violent video games through this lens, see them as a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

#199 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

you darn teenagers and yer silly rap music and violent vidya games done caused all this here mayhem.

stop disturbin me while im tryn to sleep in my rockin chair

#200 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,729 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

The cause is the Tea Party, that's undeniable at this point

#201 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Rick Leventhal (Fox News) reported that Adam Lanza may have been carrying Ryan Lanza's ID for whatever reason. Reports are that Ryan is being questioned by NJ police.

#202 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Rick Leventhal (Fox News) reported that Adam Lanza may have been carrying Ryan Lanza's ID for whatever reason. Reports are that Ryan is being questioned by NJ police.

So then I guess there is a third brother who Adam killed? Damn

If this Ryan was the only one not directly involved other than his ID being taken he is going to be scarred for good. good grief.

#203 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Terrible tragedy. There's a lot of conflicting reports about the identity of the shooter and his motives, so it's hard to comment about what to do to prevent things like this happening right now. My heart is with the families who lost love ones today and everyone affected by this tragedy, and that they will receive strength to get through this tough time.

#204 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,300 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

I wouldn't diminish the impact of violent video games impact. Some games gross as much money as movies. The realness and graphics are far and away better than 20 yrs ago.
Add that to an amazngly impatient society with entitlemtnt issues and have underlying mental issues and you have a recipe for horrific things.

At the end of the day there is personal responsibility and need for better parenting but then there are random events that shake us to our core that may never be explained.

We have families that have been crushed today and will never see those kids again.

#205 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

So then I guess there is a third brother who Adam killed? Damn

If this Ryan was the only one not directly involved other than his ID being taken he is going to be scarred for good. good grief.

Well, depending on how the reports come together, I think there may be four brothers:

1) Adam (perpetrator)
2) Ryan (originally accused)
3) Dead brother (name?)
4) Suspect found in wood or who came out of the woods near the school right after the shooting (brother? name?) (This can't be Ryan, if he's in NJ and was updating social media right as/after this was happening.)

But again, it's all confusing at this point so you never know.

I saw one news update online that said the mother was shot at a "second" location, implying not at the school, but we all know that's not true (maybe???).

#206 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

No Im trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with our society that this sort of crap is happening more and more. There was probably more access to semi automatic weapons and firearms 40 and 50 years ago, but you didnt see this sort of thing happening then. something has changed and someone needs to find out what it is or we are going to wind up with this sort of mindless vilence escalating.

Major in house or in school changes from the time period

#1 Bible taken out of school

#2 Women taken out of homes and into the workforce.(away from properly raising children)I'm not against women in the workforce I just believe it has a negative impact on how your children are raised. How well do you know the people tending your child at so impressionable an age?

#3 Massive increase of Liberal ideology.

Notice all these acts are coming from kids 25 and below where the effects of these changes can been seen. Most 30 and below attended school with out the bible as did some of their parents.

Agree or disagree I don't much care. I'm just trying to give you answers I believe in.

ps. Also this is happening more in Blue states for that thats worth?

#207 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

http://www.antilife....es/marilyn.html

A lot of people forget or never realize that I started my band as a criticism of these very issues of despair and hypocrisy. The name Marilyn Manson has never celebrated the sad fact that America puts killers on the cover of Timemagazine, giving them as much notoriety as our favorite movie stars. From Jesse James to Charles Manson, the media, since their inception, have turned criminals into folk heroes. They just created two new ones when they plastered those dipshits Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris' pictures on the front of every newspaper. Don't be surprised if every kid who gets pushed around has two new idols.

We applaud the creation of a bomb whose sole purpose is to destroy all of mankind, and we grow up watching our president's brains splattered all over Texas. Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised. Does anyone think the Civil War was the least bit civil? If television had existed, you could be sure they would have been there to cover it, or maybe even participate in it, like their violent car chase of Princess Di. Disgusting vultures looking for corpses, exploiting, fuging, filming and serving it up for our hungry appetites in a gluttonous display of endless human stupidity.

When it comes down to who's to blame for the high school murders in Littleton, Colorado, throw a rock and you'll hit someone who's guilty. We're the people who sit back and tolerate children owning guns, and we're the ones who tune in and watch the up-to-the-minute details of what they do with them. I think it's terrible when anyone dies, especially if it is someone you know and love. But what is more offensive is that when these tragedies happen, most people don't really care any more than they would about the season finale of Friends or The Real World. I was dumbfounded as I watched the media snake right in, not missing a teardrop, interviewing the parents of dead children, televising the funerals. Then came the witch hunt.

#208 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

#2 Women taken out of homes and into the workforce.(away from properly raising children)I'm not against women in the workforce I just believe it has a negative impact on how your children are raised. How well do you know the people tending your child at so impressionable an age?

Notice all these acts are coming from kids 25 and below where the effects of these changes can been seen. Most 30 and below attended school with out the bible as did some of their parents.

Agree or disagree I don't much care. I'm just trying to give you answers I believe in.

WTF

#209 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,768 posts

God bless this post

#210 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

How could we have missed it? It's political!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com