The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Major in house or in school changes from the time period

#1 Bible taken out of school

#2 Women taken out of homes and into the workforce.(away from properly raising children)I'm not against women in the workforce I just believe it has a negative impact on how your children are raised. How well do you know the people tending your child at so impressionable an age?

#3 Massive increase of Liberal ideology.

Notice all these acts are coming from kids 25 and below where the effects of these changes can been seen. Most 30 and below attended school with out the bible as did some of their parents.

Agree or disagree I don't much care. I'm just trying to give you answers I believe in.

ps. Also this is happening more in Blue states for that thats worth?

So all this started in... 1948? http://en.wikipedia....Charles_Whitman

1914? http://en.wikipedia....School_bombings

(Dates adjusted to include time for the no god in schools, women working, liberal ideology, etc... to take effect.)

#227 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,452 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Good to see one of the most horrifying incidents in our lifetime turn into another Repub VS Lib pissing match, and I'm talking to both sides.

Stand down, e-warriors of the world. This isn't the time or place. These were freaking elementary school students.

#228 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

You watch R-rated movies? Guess what? You've seen a murder, or at least it being simulated. It's our society as a whole.

To try to pinpoint it on one singular cause is ridiculous.

Our culture has shifted from one that was about looking out for your neighbor, treat others as you would want to be treated, etc. to one of ME, ME, ME. Society has been desensitized to violence in general. Everyone has started to limit their scope from them and their fellow man to just them as individuals. That's how you can have people get shoved onto subway tracks and have onlookers stand there and take pictures instead of pull him up.

Our society is superficial and only concerned with individualistic pursuits for the most part. Add to that all of the messages,images, and other forms of media that inundates already sick people with depictions of violence and it removes the human element from their thinking even moreso.

It's not one thing. And if it was, you should look at yourself and others - as in human interaction, concern, compassion...

Not trying to pinpoint anything. Notice I didnt blame an inanimate object for the murders.

But something is most definately hosed up in our society that mass murders are increasing in frequency. Violence breeds violence there is no doubt. Had this kid been brought up as children were 50 years ago and in that time and place there wouldnt have been a shooting - what has changed?

This country glorifies violence - plain and simple - from 11 years of killing folks in
Afghanistan to Iraq and now carrying out our battles via long range drones where the operators are killing real live people with around the world video feeds - and those folks killing people in Our name are our heroes according to the media - it Has to have an effect. And the effect isnt a positive one if you value the lives of the innocents.

#229 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

heartbreaking @DHochsprung

I started going thru her twitter photos and just can't

#230 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

My wife watches a show called Criminal Minds which is nothing but freaks torturing or killing people for all kinds of sordid reasons.

Not sure why she watches it

#231 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Criminal Minds/CSI must be taken off networks.

They are corrupting the minds of our youth.

#232 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Don't be a jackass. Nobody implied that, just saying that I am not sure what the draw is to Criminal Minds. CSI is different.

#233 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Good to see one of the most horrifying incidents in our lifetime turn into another Repub VS Lib pissing match, and I'm talking to both sides.

Stand down, e-warriors of the world. This isn't the time or place. These were freaking elementary school students.

People want to try and explain it. My wife worked at a federal medical prison where they housed the real whackos ( I got out somehow) and said over and over again ...white...males....mid 20's. she seen it hundreds of times ( the sickness not mass murder). What seem like normal kids going schitzo in their late teens to early 20's.

Invest in mental health

#234 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Makes you wonder if the Mom, a school teacher, had any training in recognizing troubled youth. Her own son? Don't even know if teacher training goes into those areas.

#235 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,698 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

fug.

#236 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

So all this started in... 1948? http://en.wikipedia....Charles_Whitman

1914? http://en.wikipedia....School_bombings

(Dates adjusted to include time for the no god in schools, women working, liberal ideology, etc... to take effect.)

Let's go back even further. 1912

Posted Image

#237 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Let's go back even further. 1912

Posted Image

Oh there are a lot more, going back to the late 1700s IIRC.

#238 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Just a heads up. They didn't have access to the types of guns we have today.

I'm in no way blaming guns for this at all but they have gotten more efficient in the last 50 years.

#239 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Just a heads up. They didn't have access to the types of guns we have today.

I'm in no way blaming guns for this but they have gotten more efficient in the last 50 years

I was referring to the "God out of schools & wimmens in the workforce" line of thinking.

#240 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I don't want to hear about terrorist anymore. I'm not afraid of Al Qada or the Taliban or whoever leads those groups right now. What scares the hell out of me is the mentally unstable person in my neighborhood or in my office that has access to guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.