511 replies to this topic

#271 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

You're allowed to take your Bible to school and even pray with it, by the way.

#272 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,930 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

This isn't the time to debate guns= Don't you dare try to take muh guns

#273 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I have not read any posts in this thread. I am sure some will make me even more angry.

This horrific event is so incredibly sad...but I feel way to angry to cry yet. As I said in another post, I understand 9/11 more than I understand this.

​I blame the NRA. I blame the morons who yell about the 2nd amendment. That was written in different times, when "arms" were necessary for reasons that do not exist today. Slavery was legal then, women could not vote. Weapons have changed....to defend yourself from an enemy attack...one needs million dollar weapons. The stuff the NRA defends as a right is not only absurd....it is immoral.

It is the greed of those making money off these weapons that have killed our children today. (They wave the flag to get the support of the simple minded...to go along with the support of the criminals.)

Anyone in the category above, the blood of these children is on your hands and your soul. You oppose gun control....you helped kill them, along with many others every day.

I am mad. Very mad. I cannot even imagine how the parents of the deceased children feel. There cannot be anything close to this kind of pain.

We as a country have to do something to change this. We are not yet a civilized society.

My heart to those families who lost a loved one today. My heart also goes out to all the children in that school. Their lives have been forever changed.

#274 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

If all those kids had been armed this never would have happened

#275 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

per a 2012 study by the pew research center 66.3% of US prison inmates identify as christians:

http://www.pewforum....ns-preface.aspx

I'M JUST SAYIN' GUYS

I wonder what percentage of them is in there for a drug related offense - seems like I read that 50 percent of the general prison population is.

My God doesnt recognise drug laws as sins or law.

#276 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,691 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Wow LP. Didn't think you had it in you.

#277 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

I generally like lp - but her post doesnt make much sense beyond being a general knee jerk type response - ie - its the guns fault

#278 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

also from todays news

BEIJING — A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...0#ixzz2F4pkyjqO

#279 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,981 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Being on complete lock down in Norris during the VT shootings was very gut-wrenching and hard to comprehend.

Talking heads in the media need to understand that almost everyone on campus on that day and the days to follow wanted you out of there to allow us to understand what had just happened.

Nobody wanted you then. Nobody wants you in Newtown now.

#280 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,691 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I generally like lp - but her post doesnt make much sense beyond being a general knee jerk type response - ie - its the guns fault

I usually like her too but someone has to blame the guns. Let's not even blame her for blaming the guns. Let's let everyone be blameless.... Ahem now back to reality. This was the act of one kid. He would have done it one way or the other.

#281 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Not sure what you meant...and if you agree with me or disagree.

Yes, I have always had it in me. I am very passionate about victims. Children are off the charts for me.

No one can convince me that those soulless morons who yell the right to own automatic/assault weapons trumps a child's right not to be killed....or anyone's right for that matter.

What the hell does anyone need an assault weapon for?

#282 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Blaming guns: knee jerk reaction that doesn't make any sense
Blaming vidya games: rational and well thought out reaction

#283 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

well that's two sarcastic posts LP has taken literally today...

#284 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

also from todays news

BEIJING — A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...0#ixzz2F4pkyjqO

0 dead.

Because he didn't have a gun.

#285 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Not trying to pinpoint anything. Notice I didnt blame an inanimate object for the murders.

But something is most definately hosed up in our society that mass murders are increasing in frequency. Violence breeds violence there is no doubt. Had this kid been brought up as children were 50 years ago and in that time and place there wouldnt have been a shooting - what has changed?

This country glorifies violence - plain and simple - from 11 years of killing folks in
Afghanistan to Iraq and now carrying out our battles via long range drones where the operators are killing real live people with around the world video feeds - and those folks killing people in Our name are our heroes according to the media - it Has to have an effect. And the effect isnt a positive one if you value the lives of the innocents.

I'm not even 30 yet and I greatly value human life and don't have any urge to act out violently towards anyone, including myself. Throughout my life, I have experienced depression and anger and any and every other emotion possible and it doesn't change my rationale or approach when it comes to how I value of human life.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but this isn't so much generational as it is a general problem.

As Panthro pointed out earlier, most mental illnesses present themselves in in the early 20s-mid 20s.

The problem isn't one thing but rather a plethora of things that are more prevalent and concentrated than they once were across every demographic, not just the younger generations.

The frequency of these type of events and the victims attacked in this one is extremely disturbing, but I think it is the way our culture has cultivated itself rather than young kids being raised with different standards than in the past...

Maybe that plays a role in it, but as I said, I think this is a problem permeating every part of society due to conditioning - both young and old have been affected by it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com