511 replies to this topic

#286 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

well that's two sarcastic posts LP has taken literally today...

??

Sarcasm has no place in this topic. Can't imagine anything more serious.

#287 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,689 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I'm cool with gun control so long as the ruling government of the controlled state agrees to disarm to the same level.

I believe that the public should have access to the same weapons that the government has. If it's too dangerous for the public then it's too dangerous for the government.

If the government can own a nuke, then I want the same right, so long as I could hypothetically afford to buy it. If the government wants to disarm the citizenry, then disarm itself in turn.

I know this isn't a realistic opinion but it's mine.

#288 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'm cool with gun control so long as the ruling government of the controlled state agrees to disarm to the same level.

I believe that the public should have access to the same weapons that the government has. If it's too dangerous for the public then it's too dangerous for the government.

If the government can own a nuke, then I want the same right, so long as I could hypothetically afford to buy it. If the government wants to disarm the citizenry, then disarm itself in turn.

Right on, right on!

#289 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Sandy Hook Killer or any of the countless others with a weapon of mass destruction. :startle:

#290 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

the scary thing is that it was at an elementary school. Older people like high school or college students can handle these things better. Elementary age kids witnessing this can be screwed up for life. That's sad

#291 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,124 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Sarcasm has no place in this topic. Can't imagine anything more serious.

This topic is so serious I took the time to highlight each post with bold blue font

#292 Ccat

Ccat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

0 dead.

Because he didn't have a gun.

I'm not going to make an argument either way on this topic, because I'm just too mentally exhausted from everything that has happened today, but that article does mention that another knife attack in 2010 killed 8 people...

#293 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,611 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

This topic is so serious I took the time to highlight each post with bold blue font

Stop being such a fugig asshole in this thread.

Actually all of you stop tying to make witty remarks and have an actual conversation. Damn you guys are pathetic.

#294 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

The frequency of these type of events and the victims attacked in this one is extremely disturbing, but I think it is the way our culture has cultivated itself rather than young kids being raised with different standards than in the past...

Maybe that plays a role in it, but as I said, I think this is a problem permeating every part of society due to conditioning - both young and old have been affected by it.

Not either agreeing nor disagreeing with you here - just looking for some clarification as to what youre meaning to say and/ or an example. Our culture has different standards than in the past - look at any prime time televison show today and it wouldnt have passed the censors desk 20 years ago or probably even 10..

#295 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

i'll also leave you with the parting thought that your omniscient, omnipresent, unequivocally loving god who adores his most perfect creation and wins football games for The Golden Calf of Bristol and helps you find your keys let this happen

QFT that belief pisses me off.

#296 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,279 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

i'll also leave you with the parting thought that your omniscient, omnipresent, unequivocally loving god who adores his most perfect creation and wins football games for The Golden Calf of Bristol and helps you find your keys let this happen

#297 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,124 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Stop being such a fugig asshole in this thread.

Actually all of you stop tying to make witty remarks and have an actual conversation. Damn you guys are pathetic.

Where was I being an asshole? Specific examples please.

#298 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,279 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Where was I being an asshole? Specific examples please.

stop it dude just have an actual conversation

and by "actual conversation" i mean don't you dare say anything that's not explicitly endorsed by the NRA

#299 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,124 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

stop it dude just have an actual conversation

and by "actual conversation" i mean don't you dare say anything that's not explicitly endorsed by the NRA

Detecting sarcasm in post.

24 hr ban.

#300 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,443 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yes. Let's interject all our axes to grind as the cause celeb on why today happened
Not to mention the high level of consensus that is gained from conversations in the tindrbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com