Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Pro Football Weekly hearing Chip Kelly to the Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
148 replies to this topic

#145 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

i don't think he will. not only is he known for the pace of his practices, he's also known for having shorter practices.

Other programs pride themselves on tempo, but Gruden said he had never seen an operation that was both this fast and this refined. Oregon’s practices last two hours, an hour less than a typical college practice, and there is so little time between plays that coaches must do their teaching with only a few words or wait until the film room. Kelly said that practice had become so sophisticated and fluid that getting off 30 snaps in a 10-minute period had become common.
http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

i think practices at training camp might be the same amount of time and they might even be shorter than the typical one, but it should be a lot more entertaining with a whole lot less standing around and talking. they'll definitely get a whole lot more done.

i'm not sure, but i think that college teams are under even more strict rules for practice then pros. at the very least there's not a whole lot of difference.

#146 Bozarden

Bozarden

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

"No one is married to an offense or a defense. If we had a group of guys that could line up in the Power-I and run the Power-I then we would do it."

This guy will come in and alter his offense to the (many) strengths that we have as an offensive unit. I'd be real excited if we brought Chip Kelly in.

#147 dugbug

dugbug

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

I hate that I like RR. And I hate the uncertainty at coach. But Chip Kelly would be an exciting change of pace.

Maybe get Chad Morris for OC (I kid I kid... would prefer Clemson stay intact)

#148 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

I think even besides Chips offensive guru status I love his ability to lead the team and motivate his guys. We need that. RR is not the leader our players need. I hope we can get him.

#149 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

It's Rivera or Kelly IMO. I haven't seen anyone else worth changing everything around.