23 replies to this topic

#16 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I rewatched the first half of the Chicago today and the pattern was very easy to see with him. Whenever he was matched up on Marshall he would initially line up four yards off of him, as the playclock wound down he would either start backing off with a slow backpedal or just turn his hips to run- every time. Give Norman's size he should match up well with Marshall so when he took on a small, shiftier Hester I figured he'd give up a lot of cushion, nope. Played him tight at the line and jammed him.

This tells me he has confidence in keeping plays in front of him and his tackling, but fears getting beat deep over the top. On his int he was beat but the ball was under thrown and allowed Norman to get in position for the pick.

#17 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Matthias for GM! :)

#18 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

LOL ^^^

#19 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,785 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Matthias for GM! :)

long-term contingency plan for visionary mock: can the season if success isn't immediate

#20 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

way too high for byrd

#21 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

long-term contingency plan for visionary mock: can the season if success isn't immediate

We're still in purgatory cause of JR tanking 2010 intentionally.

#22 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

like the gm and coaching staff.

#23 vanilla B

vanilla B

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Why does everyone completely discount Gamble? People seem to think he's not very good/worth the money/unmotivated since he hasn't played this year but he is actually a great corner, quarterbacks would rarely throw his way last year. With the development of Josh Norman and Josh Thomas in addition to Gamble coming back completely healthy, I don't view CB as much of a need unless the staff views Norman and Thomas as nothing more than rotational players or better suited for the nickel. I also disagree with cutting Godfrey, sure he may be a little overpaid but he has improved vastly over the years and you no longer hear his name called as often as you used to. He has developed into an above average safety and would be pointless to replace him if you aren't getting someone you know is going to be the next Minter.

#24 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Gamble's a good player, but we need the cap space. I would have traded Gross if we were picking in the top 3, and Joeckel was available. I don't think Gamble is willing to restructure, and secondary players have a long lifespan in the NFL. Gamble still wants to get paid like a top corner, and I think we can replace him, especially now with our pass rushers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com