Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Not being a negative nancy, just a realist.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

2 snaps, he got blown up on snap 2....it was our first punt as a result. No, he wasn't great. He is signifantly worse than a pedestrian Piggy

Actually he got a couple of snaps at RG and did pretty well. This was before Piggy got hurt.

#32 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Since being put back at RG, Williams has done a fine job. I see no reason to get all worked up over a new starter at C. We still have four solid starters to back the kid up. Besides, he seemed to know the line calls on his two snaps. That has to mean somehting doesn't it?

We are not the same Panthers that started the year. I can easily see us playing well again this week. Hell, we had no turnovers and only three penalties last week. If we play like that, we can win.

We just seem to be more agressive lately. If we continue that trend. Ain't no reason to not believe we may have turned the corner. Winning this week would certainly go a long way in regaining some confidence and respect. Why not?

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,559 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Piggy's backup at C played 2 snaps last week. Some people around here argue he played more but that is completely false. In those 2 snaps, Austin looked like utter poo.

Byers? he as well is worse than Piggy.

It is gonna be bad. Real bad.

He played four snaps, but who's counting.

#34 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,559 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

You can look it up here

http://www.footballo...tats/snapcounts

If you wanted to.

#35 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,431 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

It is a roll of the dice.

We could come out with a Denver effort or an Atlanta effort. Who knows about this team.

#36 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Exactly.

Atl has poor DTs....they made our backup C last week look like he was in roller skates.

Add to the fact your C and two G have zero chemistry....it means they get blown up by very average DLs.

#37 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

He played four snaps, but who's counting.

I counted 2. Newspaper counted 2.

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,559 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

I counted 2. Newspaper counted 2.

Well the official snap count for him was 4, which is what I said in the threads after the game as well.

#39 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Since being put back at RG, Williams has done a fine job. I see no reason to get all worked up over a new starter at C. We still have four solid starters to back the kid up. Besides, he seemed to know the line calls on his two snaps. That has to mean somehting doesn't it?

We are not the same Panthers that started the year. I can easily see us playing well again this week. Hell, we had no turnovers and only three penalties last week. If we play like that, we can win.

We just seem to be more agressive lately. If we continue that trend. Ain't no reason to not believe we may have turned the corner. Winning this week would certainly go a long way in regaining some confidence and respect. Why not?

We punted when he was in. He got blown up and Cam had pressure the gut and 1 second to do something.....

Line play was the reason we were so horrible early....Gs started to settle in, chemistry as well. A very bad inserted center completely erases that. Gs get worse, center play gets worse.....that makes Cam and both the pass and run game worse

#40 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Well the official snap count for him was 4, which is what I said in the threads after the game as well.

well, I can tell you the two plays he went in for when Piggy got hurt.....and the result.

You would have to find the others. But Austin won't play hopefully Sunday. Hopefully Byers sucks less

#41 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

We punted when he was in. He got blown up and Cam had pressure the gut and 1 second to do something.....

Line play was the reason we were so horrible early....Gs started to settle in, chemistry as well. A very bad inserted center completely erases that. Gs get worse, center play gets worse.....that makes Cam and both the pass and run game worse

He was in for two passing plays. On both he took his man into Williams and they kept him off Cam. I would call that a win.

I just don't happen to share your uneasiness. We do not face a formitable Dline again this year. The line, as it is made up right now. Is very adequate for what they are asked to do. But then again, I am not as dissapointed as you. I see a team that is improving well in the last six weeks.

Just because young guys are inexperienced does not mean they have to stink the place up. Bell, although not a beast, is still doing well. Williams has improved since his return to RG. We will be fine. Quit over thinking this. Continuity is all well and good. We just don't need that at this point in time. We just need adequate, mixed in with some growth. And to be truthful, that is what has being going on lately.

It is not all doom and gloom. Although, to be honest, I can see why folks feel that way. What with the high expectations coming into this year. I just happen to feel like this team is finally getting it. The mistakes are fewer. The dumb players are fewer. The young kids are not imploding. I see no reason not to be enthused.

But that could just be me.

#42 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

So CRA are you giving us fair warning or do you hope we are a turnstile at center. You are arguing so vehemently you would think you are hoping it comes true. Otherwise you would be trying to find the positives instead of predicting the worse. Are you a contarian or what? Seems to me that we don't need San Diego fans to come here when we have panther fans taking up the gauntlet. I hope you are full of it and you would hope you are as well, if you were as big a fan of the team as you profess.

#43 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Who the fug is piggy

#44 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Luke Joeckel is my choice. They say he will grade out higher than any OL in the draft for a decade. Better than Joe Thomas did.

The Eagles will get Joeckel. Their Oline is worse than ours and they are out-sucking us for the time being. Maybe they'll go QB.

#45 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

So CRA are you giving us fair warning or do you hope we are a turnstile at center. You are arguing so vehemently you would think you are hoping it comes true. Otherwise you would be trying to find the positives instead of predicting the worse. Are you a contarian or what? Seems to me that we don't need San Diego fans to come here when we have panther fans taking up the gauntlet. I hope you are full of it and you would hope you are as well, if you were as big a fan of the team as you profess.

Isn't that how the "Realists" do things. They take a preceived flaw or concern and rail away at the poor uninformed souls with the spunk to not just fall in line. I can't guess at how many times I have been told to take my homer glasses off because I am not depressed or pissedoff enough.

But hey, it's the interwebz. You can't take this stuff too serially. To me being a realist is just another name for debbie downer, or a gloom and doomer. It's just another fan harping on something or other. If you agree, you da man. If you disagree, you da village idiot. If you don't laugh it will drive you bonkers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.