Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodeo

Guns vs. Knives

49 posts in this topic

We rush for something to blame, as long as it isn't the batshit crazy person who committed the crime.

What you are implying, Kurb, is that we believe this was a normal, well-adjusted human being. But then he picked up a GUN and it made him go BATSHIT CRAZY! Which literally no one is implying. The people blaming this kind of stuff on video games, however, ARE making that literal argument.

What you are implying, Kurb, is that we believe this was a normal, well-adjusted human being. But then he picked up a GUN and it made him go BATSHIT CRAZY! Which literally no one is implying. The people blaming this kind of stuff on video games, however, ARE making that literal argument.

What I am implying is this guy was a nutjob and would have done this or worse no matter what.

Mentally ill + desensitization to violence + guns are all factors

What I am implying is this guy was a nutjob and would have done this or worse no matter what.

Like the guy in china...who killed no one?

He was nut job...thank god he didn't have nukes and M1 Tanks

More gun registration-check

Assault weapon ban-check

No guns for felons-check

Liability insurance-check

Huge amounts of money for the law abiding citizen into the coffers of government and insurance companies.

Would not have prevented the tragedy from yesterday

CT with strict laws already, Gun owner was killed and her guns stolen. Shooter never registered a gun and never paid all the fees.

Here is where the rub will be. Take away everyones rights and confiscate tons more money from the ones who will never be guilty of the crime

Like the guy in china...who killed no one?

He was nut job...thank god he didn't have nukes and M1 Tanks

Or he could have stolen a propane truck rammed it into the school and lit a road flare.

I know a good bit of me and you going back and forth is in good fun, but do you really think I am so deranged ?

I have mentioned before about the possibility of the compromise on gun issues. No gun owner wants to see what happened yesterday and nobody wants to give up their protection. If there was not a threat to remove guns and the left asked the gun lobby to come up with acceptable options, I bet there would be a lot of good ideas.

I think age restrctions are a good place to start. Not many 20 year olds have vast property/homes that need protections. There could be levels of firearms that everyone could get freely, then after a certain age, other firearms could be acquired. Obviously, the felon laws and others would already be in place. Maybe this would limite the 20-25 yr old white male nut job from mass killing if they crack.

This still would not protect you if the owner was killed for their firearms.

I never said or insinuated that.

He was a sociopath. That + culture that worships violence + guns = what we saw

Guns were a factor. No?

If you don't think they were a factor then you are in some sort of denial.