Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guns vs. Knives

49 posts in this topic

Posted

I have mentioned before about the possibility of the compromise on gun issues. No gun owner wants to see what happened yesterday and nobody wants to give up their protection. If there was not a threat to remove guns and the left asked the gun lobby to come up with acceptable options, I bet there would be a lot of good ideas.

I think age restrctions are a good place to start. Not many 20 year olds have vast property/homes that need protections. There could be levels of firearms that everyone could get freely, then after a certain age, other firearms could be acquired. Obviously, the felon laws and others would already be in place. Maybe this would limite the 20-25 yr old white male nut job from mass killing if they crack.

This still would not protect you if the owner was killed for their firearms.

Posted

I never said or insinuated that.

He was a sociopath. That + culture that worships violence + guns = what we saw

Guns were a factor. No?

If you don't think they were a factor then you are in some sort of denial.

Posted

just stop and stfu

Posted

just stop and stfu

fug you too

Posted

I think it's hard for many to wrap their heads around this event bc we are not sociopaths. Some pray quietly, some lash out, some want to know why it happened, and some want to rush to conclusions,and all of us never want this to happen again.

Don't tell others how to react to this horrific tragedy.

Posted

I love how everyone says they're responsible gun owners but the second someone suggests putting things in place to make them legally and financially responsible, it's always "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let's think about what we're saying."

The constitution protects a "Well regulated militia". I'm not real sure what's well regulated with what we have now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Delhommy, "I don't like this so we should tax it to death"

Posted

You got me. I hate mass murders. Close the Tinderbox, I finally admitted it.

Posted

cue the Mayan conspiracy music but I'm alot more in the frame of mind as Del on this. making things more of a hit monetarily/tax/regulate etc can be a great tool to offsetting future bad crimes.

I have had this stance for sometimes on guns.

*full disclosure-never owned a gun and never will

Posted

You got me. I hate mass murders. Close the Tinderbox, I finally admitted it.

So all gun owners are mass murders. Interesting...

Posted

cue the Mayan conspiracy music but I'm alot more in the frame of mind as Del on this. making things more of a hit monetarily/tax/regulate etc can be a great tool to offsetting future bad crimes.

I have had this stance for sometimes on guns.

*full disclosure-never owned a gun and never will

That is one of your more backwards theories.

Posted

If anything, just introduce smarter laws. As I have said before, similar to what they do with money laundering, based upon your purchases and frequency of your purchases for type of weapons or # of bullets and body armor etc, have a metric in place to where if you hit any one of those categories in a certain window of time, you are going to be flagged and then have to fill out a questionaire and be cleared of any mental health issues.