Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

60 posts in this topic

Posted

In what way are any of those other gods more fictional than Jesus?

Well to begin by answering this question, there's way more historical facts about Jesus, than any of those guys in the list. Yet this is besides my original point. All I want is for those who try to make comparisons between Jesus and other figures (basically saying Jesus is a made up figure, that borrowed from other religions), list the specifics. How are they similar, because if I just read into it all, I would think Jesus was a direct copy of 15 other religious figures.

Posted

Well to begin by answering this question, there's way more historical facts about Jesus, than any of those guys in the list. Yet this is besides my original point. All I want is for those who try to make comparisons between Jesus and other figures (basically saying Jesus is a made up figure, that borrowed from other religions), list the specifics. How are they similar, because if I just read into it all, I would think Jesus was a direct copy of 15 other religious figures.

Examples? Preferably by eye witnesses, or at least within 10 or so years of the time he was purported to be alive.

Posted

Examples? Preferably by eye witnesses, or at least within 10 or so years of the time he was purported to be alive.

Well we have hard evidence guys around the time Jesus was on the earth existed. (Pilate, Caiaphas for example) We first heard about these guys from the Bible. Most of the Gospels were written within 20-30 years after the events of the crucifixion. (The writings being done this late should be expected. I imagine as the Church grew, they began writing letters to one another. There may have been more letters closer to 10 years within that event)

That's all I have for now. Yet can I be real for a second. Even if there were eye witness accounts as you say, would you all of a sudden believe then? I doubt it. We got eye witness accounts to a lot of stuff in the ancient past, yet you don't believe those do you?

Posted

You should probably stop claiming there are more historical facts about Jesus than other gods if you can't provide any.

Posted

You should probably stop claiming there are more historical facts about Jesus than other gods if you can't provide any.

I just provided the evidence of guys like Pilate and Caiaphas. If those guys were real, chances are the stories concerning them, at least Jesus' preaching, were real as well. Plus we have evidence there was a conjunction of planets and one star around the birth date of Jesus, which could very well be the star mentioned in Matthew's Gospel. There's way more facts dealing with Jesus than I would say, the guys in the list of the OP.

Posted

But the other parts of the Christ birth story is based in pagan folklore. I believe Jesus lived.. It was the adoption of the pagan hero story and miracles that helped develop a hero for the Bible.

There are a lot of old testament books that are not in the King James version bc there were considered way too unrealistic and clearly pagan folklore.

The first book of the bible is Genesis where God curses man for seeking knowledge(blames a woman)

The first book of the bible tells you,as its first major lesson, do not seek knowledge, do not question because you will discover your naked in the forest and you only did so because of an evil goat man tempting you...

So the devil is a goat man...why? Bc these cave stories were told by farmers and shepards... A goat man is just creepy to farmers in pre bi-cameral brain evolution.... But i guess satan is typing this through me.

Posted

I just provided the evidence of guys like Pilate and Caiaphas. If those guys were real, chances are the stories concerning them, at least Jesus' preaching, were real as well. Plus we have evidence there was a conjunction of planets and one star around the birth date of Jesus, which could very well be the star mentioned in Matthew's Gospel. There's way more facts dealing with Jesus than I would say, the guys in the list of the OP.

You didn't provide evidence of guys like Pilate and Caiaphas. You said there is evidence, but you didn't provide evidence.

That's irrelevant anyways, because we're talking about evidence of Jesus, not evidence of Pilate. Evidence of Pilate is not evidence of Jesus. Jesus requires his own evidence.

I could say Ben Franklin trained as a ninja with a black samurai named Pretzelbreath, then say "Well there's evidence for Ben Franklin, so for sure Pretzelbreath is real."

Present some of these historical facts or stfu with pretending he's more real than any of the other gods mentioned in the thread.

Posted

Jesus is real. Just bought a tamale from him.

1 person likes this

Posted

But the other parts of the Christ birth story is based in pagan folklore. I believe Jesus lived.. It was the adoption of the pagan hero story and miracles that helped develop a hero for the Bible.

There are a lot of old testament books that are not in the King James version bc there were considered way too unrealistic and clearly pagan folklore.

The first book of the bible is Genesis where God curses man for seeking knowledge(blames a woman)

The first book of the bible tells you,as its first major lesson, do not seek knowledge, do not question because you will discover your naked in the forest and you only did so because of an evil goat man tempting you...

So the devil is a goat man...why? Bc these cave stories were told by farmers and shepards... A goat man is just creepy to farmers in pre bi-cameral brain evolution.... But i guess satan is typing this through me.

The OT and the NT mention books that are not in the KJV. I'm sure if the guys who were putting together the Bible found those books, they would be in the KJV as well. You're wrong about Genesis, God did not curse man for seeking knowledge. Satan tricked Adam and Eve into thinking they would be like God if they ate the fruit, but the truth is they were already like God. (They just didn't know evil) Yet all in all, there's a lot more to talk about there, I don't think you want to hear this conversation.

You didn't provide evidence of guys like Pilate and Caiaphas. You said there is evidence, but you didn't provide evidence.

That's irrelevant anyways, because we're talking about evidence of Jesus, not evidence of Pilate. Evidence of Pilate is not evidence of Jesus. Jesus requires his own evidence.

I could say Ben Franklin trained as a ninja with a black samurai named Pretzelbreath, then say "Well there's evidence for Ben Franklin, so for sure Pretzelbreath is real."

Present some of these historical facts or stfu with pretending he's more real than any of the other gods mentioned in the thread.

You don't understand. At one point everything in the NT was considered myth. Yet with years of digging and research, more and more things began to line up with what the NT said all along. You can look up the evidence of Pilate and Caiaphas, you can look up some of the places where Jesus preached, they all existed. If all these things existed, what are the chances that the only thing that didn't exist was Jesus?

Now what you want is evidence of His miracles, that I don't have. Yet there is more than enough reason to say He preached a special message concerning who He was, and was crucified for it.

Posted

there's a shitload of stuff to attack about christianity as a whole, but the authenticity of jesus the historical figure is a tough one to take on. matthias (for once) is right about correlating lines of evidence.

but as usual the devil is in the details (pun intended) and the critical question is not whether jesus existed and was a major figure at the time, but whether or not he was a major figure because he performed actual miracles. if you want to get to the heart of the matter, that's it.

Posted

The OT and the NT mention books that are not in the KJV. I'm sure if the guys who were putting together the Bible found those books, they would be in the KJV as well.

You're wrong about Genesis, God did not curse man for seeking knowledge. Satan tricked Adam and Eve into thinking they would be like God if they ate the fruit, but the truth is they were already like God. (They just didn't know evil) Yet all in all, there's a lot more to talk about there, I don't think you want to hear this conversation.

Wrong about Genesis...but when they ate from the tree they were aware, conscious...It was called the tree of KNOWLEDGE of good and evil.

Evil existed so why is God the one decieving his creations? So if Satan's mango(the fruit) IS knowledge Capital G forbid Adam and Eve(not Steve) to eat it...this is the the seed of Faith. To believe without evidence.. IMO, A major lesson to not steer to far from an authority figure to prevent questioning, seeking knowledge bc it will be "EVIL"

In the King James Version the Apocrypha books were ommited: there are a lot of stories based in folklore which help contridict other parts.. So yes they did omit it. Why? Why would a King want to omit something and edit a Divine book? The dead sea scrolls prove the Hebrew manuscripts of a few of these books. I know .. Satan put them there.

1 Esdras

2 Esdras

Tobit

Judith

Additions to Esther

Wisdom of Solomon

Ecclesiasticus

Baruch

Letter of Jeremiah

Prayer of Azariah

Susanna

Bel and the Dragon

Prayer of Manasseh

1 Maccabees

2 Maccabees

Posted

there's a shitload of stuff to attack about christianity as a whole, but the authenticity of jesus the historical figure is a tough one to take on. matthias (for once) is right about correlating lines of evidence.

but as usual the devil is in the details (pun intended) and the critical question is not whether jesus existed and was a major figure at the time, but whether or not he was a major figure because he performed actual miracles. if you want to get to the heart of the matter, that's it.

I always hear people say this. Know what I don't hear? Evidence that Jesus existed.

I asked the self professed biblical scholar for some, and all he can say is that there is evidence that Pilate existed.

I didn't ask about Pilate.

It's absolutely absurd to claim it's a tough claim to take on when there are literally 0 eyewitness or otherwise written accounts about these events until everyone supposedly involved was long dead.