Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Bad Were The UNC Losses in Hindsight Now?

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We lost to Butler and Indiana within the same week IIRC... Butler just beat Indiana today.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As bad as losing to Ok State
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That means UNC is awesome
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Eh, the losses aren't bad (even though they were both embarrassing), it's the lack of any quality wins for UNC.

All the teams they've beaten are pretty terrible teams, and UNC only has 1 real OOC game left to build a tournament resume outside of conference games.

Posted · Report post

No doubt, I haven't watched many of our games this year, but I knew it would be a "down" year. I just didn't think Butler was as good as they turned out to be thus far, so that loss doesn't hurt as bad.

I still expect us to make it in the tourney fairly easily, but it won't be a very long run.

Posted · Report post

You guys just let ECU hang 87 on you and won by 5 points. UNC is what I call a high floor/low ceiling team. You guys have one dynamic player and he's not going to be able to handle the Leslies, Howells, and Plumlees of the ACC by himself. Right now Duke is playing like the best team in the country and State is shooting a ridiculous 52% from the field and finding their groove on defense.

To me this looks like a 2010-2011 year for Carolina...I think they win 7 games in conference.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaNCSU' timestamp='1355632853' post='2047595']
Eh, the losses aren't bad (even though they were both embarrassing), it's the lack of any quality wins for UNC.

All the teams they've beaten are pretty terrible teams, and UNC only has 1 real OOC game left to build a tournament resume outside of conference games.
[/quote]

Lol - 1 "real" ooc game left

Thanks Dickie V but we have Texas and unlv coming up.

This sub forum is awful
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15' timestamp='1355637878' post='2047664']
You guys just let ECU hang 87 on you and won by 5 points. UNC is what I call a high floor/low ceiling team. You guys have one dynamic player and he's not going to be able to handle the Leslies, Howells, and Plumlees of the ACC by himself. Right now Duke is playing like the best team in the country and State is shooting a ridiculous 52% from the field and finding their groove on defense.

To me this looks like a 2010-2011 year for Carolina...I think they win 7 games in conference.
[/quote]

Flattered you think UNC should win by 50 points every game.

Of course this is going to be a down year for Carolina they just lost 4 players to the NBA. Still, Carolina is loaded with McDonald's AA and VHT prospects.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1355668701' post='2047788']
Lol - 1 "real" ooc game left

Thanks Dickie V but we have Texas and unlv coming up.

This sub forum is awful
[/quote]

Um yes, UNLV is the only decent team left. 6-4 Texas has losses to USC, Chaminade, and UCLA while barely squeezing out wins over teams like Fresno State. With Kabongo not playing, and Rick Barnes still coaching, Texas is crap.

Texas' RPI is 212 with a SOS of 224 Yeah, solid OOC game there. But hey Mr. TD, don't let facts ever get in the way of an argument.

The Texas name doesn't mean they're any good. I mean hell, look at UNC this year.

Posted · Report post

Playing at Texas is not going to be an easy game.

I really love Roy for encouraging tough ooc games with a young team.

Legitimate NC contenders next season even with JMM leaving.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1355678693' post='2047947']
[b]Playing at Texas is not going to be an easy game.[/b]

I really love Roy for encouraging tough ooc games with a young team.

Legitimate NC contenders next season even with JMM leaving.
[/quote]

For this UNC team? You're probably right.

UNC's SOS is 97 right now, but keep thinking it's a tough OOC slate scheduled by Roy.

And good luck next year getting by UK, Duke, etc. with that squad.

Posted · Report post

Actually, kenpom has UNC's SOS in the 120s...either way, point stands.