Photo
- - - - -

How Bad Were The UNC Losses in Hindsight Now?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,385 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

We lost to Butler and Indiana within the same week IIRC... Butler just beat Indiana today.

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

As bad as losing to Ok State

#3 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

That means UNC is awesome

#4 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,138 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Eh, the losses aren't bad (even though they were both embarrassing), it's the lack of any quality wins for UNC.

All the teams they've beaten are pretty terrible teams, and UNC only has 1 real OOC game left to build a tournament resume outside of conference games.

#5 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,385 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

No doubt, I haven't watched many of our games this year, but I knew it would be a "down" year. I just didn't think Butler was as good as they turned out to be thus far, so that loss doesn't hurt as bad.

I still expect us to make it in the tourney fairly easily, but it won't be a very long run.

#6 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

You guys just let ECU hang 87 on you and won by 5 points. UNC is what I call a high floor/low ceiling team. You guys have one dynamic player and he's not going to be able to handle the Leslies, Howells, and Plumlees of the ACC by himself. Right now Duke is playing like the best team in the country and State is shooting a ridiculous 52% from the field and finding their groove on defense.

To me this looks like a 2010-2011 year for Carolina...I think they win 7 games in conference.

#7 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Eh, the losses aren't bad (even though they were both embarrassing), it's the lack of any quality wins for UNC.

All the teams they've beaten are pretty terrible teams, and UNC only has 1 real OOC game left to build a tournament resume outside of conference games.

Lol - 1 "real" ooc game left

Thanks Dickie V but we have Texas and unlv coming up.

This sub forum is awful

#8 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

You guys just let ECU hang 87 on you and won by 5 points. UNC is what I call a high floor/low ceiling team. You guys have one dynamic player and he's not going to be able to handle the Leslies, Howells, and Plumlees of the ACC by himself. Right now Duke is playing like the best team in the country and State is shooting a ridiculous 52% from the field and finding their groove on defense.

To me this looks like a 2010-2011 year for Carolina...I think they win 7 games in conference.

Flattered you think UNC should win by 50 points every game.

Of course this is going to be a down year for Carolina they just lost 4 players to the NBA. Still, Carolina is loaded with McDonald's AA and VHT prospects.

#9 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,138 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Lol - 1 "real" ooc game left

Thanks Dickie V but we have Texas and unlv coming up.

This sub forum is awful

Um yes, UNLV is the only decent team left. 6-4 Texas has losses to USC, Chaminade, and UCLA while barely squeezing out wins over teams like Fresno State. With Kabongo not playing, and Rick Barnes still coaching, Texas is crap.

Texas' RPI is 212 with a SOS of 224 Yeah, solid OOC game there. But hey Mr. TD, don't let facts ever get in the way of an argument.

The Texas name doesn't mean they're any good. I mean hell, look at UNC this year.

#10 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Playing at Texas is not going to be an easy game.

I really love Roy for encouraging tough ooc games with a young team.

Legitimate NC contenders next season even with JMM leaving.

#11 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,138 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Playing at Texas is not going to be an easy game.

I really love Roy for encouraging tough ooc games with a young team.

Legitimate NC contenders next season even with JMM leaving.

For this UNC team? You're probably right.

UNC's SOS is 97 right now, but keep thinking it's a tough OOC slate scheduled by Roy.

And good luck next year getting by UK, Duke, etc. with that squad.

#12 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,138 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Actually, kenpom has UNC's SOS in the 120s...either way, point stands.

#13 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Of course this is going to be a down year for Carolina they just lost 4 players to the NBA. Still, Carolina is loaded with McDonald's AA and VHT prospects.

There goes Mr. TD throwing around McDonald's All American again, like its some magic that automatically makes players good in college.

#14 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Neither team (Indiana or Butler) were bad losses...but the margins were bad. Butler generally doesn't get any respect because they play in the Missouri Valley Conference...or is that A10 now?? Can't keep up with all the conferences nowadays. Butler has been well coached the past few years under Brad Stevens (would really love to snag him after Roy leaves).

The problem with this year's team other than the NBA departures from last year, is that Roy doesn't really know what he has. We usually have a pretty good low post presence, but outside of JMM we are really young and James and Hubert are really raw. Brice is the most polished but he just lacks the size right now.

I think we get more than 7 wins in conference though. I'm thinking around 9 or 10. We don't match up that well with dook right now, but everyone else I think we have a good shot at beating...including State, who really hasn't looked as good as I thought they would.

#15 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Wonder how state fans feel about having the most disappointing team in the country this year?

The envious state fans still more concerned about what's going on in Chapel Hill then in Raleigh.

Just keep in mind that the class coming in for Carolina next year potentially could be one of the best the school has ever had. Pair that with the youngins on the team now? Wow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com