Photo
- - - - -

How Bad Were The UNC Losses in Hindsight Now?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Neither team (Indiana or Butler) were bad losses...but the margins were bad. Butler generally doesn't get any respect because they play in the Missouri Valley Conference...or is that A10 now?? Can't keep up with all the conferences nowadays. Butler has been well coached the past few years under Brad Stevens (would really love to snag him after Roy leaves).

The problem with this year's team other than the NBA departures from last year, is that Roy doesn't really know what he has. We usually have a pretty good low post presence, but outside of JMM we are really young and James and Hubert are really raw. Brice is the most polished but he just lacks the size right now.

I think we get more than 7 wins in conference though. I'm thinking around 9 or 10. We don't match up that well with dook right now, but everyone else I think we have a good shot at beating...including State, who really hasn't looked as good as I thought they would.

I would agree with a majority of this post.

Glad to see some intelligence in here.

The rest of you "college hoops fans (lol)" keep the visceral Carolina hate coming.

We are better than you and we always will be.

#17 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Neither team (Indiana or Butler) were bad losses...but the margins were bad. Butler generally doesn't get any respect because they play in the Missouri Valley Conference...or is that A10 now?? Can't keep up with all the conferences nowadays. Butler has been well coached the past few years under Brad Stevens (would really love to snag him after Roy leaves).

The problem with this year's team other than the NBA departures from last year, is that Roy doesn't really know what he has. We usually have a pretty good low post presence, but outside of JMM we are really young and James and Hubert are really raw. Brice is the most polished but he just lacks the size right now.

I think we get more than 7 wins in conference though. I'm thinking around 9 or 10. We don't match up that well with dook right now, but everyone else I think we have a good shot at beating...including State, who really hasn't looked as good as I thought they would.

I don't think Butler was ever in the MVC. They were in the Horizon League and maybe the OVC before that. They're in the A10 this year and they'll be joining the BE Catholics whenever that league gets started.

The Butler loss was not a bad loss, but letting ECU hang 61 points on you in the 2nd half is pretty bad.

From what I've seen of Carolina, it wouldn't shock me if it is an NIT type year.

Duke is clearly the team to beat in the ACC this year. UNC will finish behind Duke, NCSU, and Miami at best.

#18 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Wonder how state fans feel about having the most disappointing team in the country this year?

The envious state fans still more concerned about what's going on in Chapel Hill then in Raleigh.

Just keep in mind that the class coming in for Carolina next year potentially could be one of the best the school has ever had. Pair that with the youngins on the team now? Wow.

Hah...I'm going to reserve judgment on State until Febuary or March. We have one disappointing loss and a game that we very easily could have won against the #2 ranked team in the nation at their place. Hardly a 30 pt blowout that UNC suffered...and yes ECU hasn't sniffed the NCAA tourney in the last decade or more so if expect you guys not to give up 87 pts to them.

I'm also not sure if you guys have even watched State. After this week we will probably lead the country in FG% and have one of the top scoring teams in the nation. We slacked in the OKST game but if you watched the Michigan game you wouldn't think we were an overrated team. UM has beaten everyone easily this year...the game was a 3 pt game with 50 secs left when we went to Ann Arbor. Still a lot of basketball to be played and it looks like we're gonna get a #1 ranked Duke team at home in a few weeks. Our guys will get up for that game.

#19 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

TL;DR

#20 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

I don't think Butler was ever in the MVC. They were in the Horizon League and maybe the OVC before that. They're in the A10 this year and they'll be joining the BE Catholics whenever that league gets started.

The Butler loss was not a bad loss, but letting ECU hang 61 points on you in the 2nd half is pretty bad.

From what I've seen of Carolina, it wouldn't shock me if it is an NIT type year.

Duke is clearly the team to beat in the ACC this year. UNC will finish behind Duke, NCSU, and Miami at best.

What can I tell you? We're not the best team in the country this year. Can't be the best every year. Every team has bad halves/games...at least we got the win.

I'm not sure what you people were expecting from UNC this year. Clearly you were expecting more from them than I was.

#21 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

It was always gonna be a down year after losing all those guys to the NBA. Roy's system never looks good without a good PG to run it, and Paige has been hit or miss. I said as much before the season- this team will be as good as Paige is. He has shown flashes of brilliance but he is not there right now.

Plus Mcadoo is the only reliable big man right now (and Roy has a perplexing affinity for playing Hubert instead of the frosh), and this is the result. I actually really like the freshman right this year, but they will take some time to develop

#22 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

What can I tell you? We're not the best team in the country this year. Can't be the best every year. Every team has bad halves/games...at least we got the win.

I'm not sure what you people were expecting from UNC this year. Clearly you were expecting more from them than I was.

I pay little attention to UNC, so I had no expectations of them period.

We never play UNC, so I don't really concern myself with them.

#23 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

TL;DR

You argue like a little kid yet for some reason I believe you are in your 20's.

#24 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Wonder how state fans feel about having the most disappointing team in the country this year?

The envious state fans still more concerned about what's going on in Chapel Hill then in Raleigh.

1. Kentucky would be the most disappointing.

2. Ha you are infatuated with our two losses and this is a thread about Carolina's losses of course state fans are going to talk about UNC in this thread. I've noticed that even though you claim to be the alpha sports fan around here, the only time you aren't saying something shitty about another team or their fans is when someone makes even a semi intelligent post about carolina. You always chime in and say, I agree with most of this. That's It, Those are the only times you post.

#25 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,980 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yeah Mr. TD has proven he can't make his own arguments nor knows what he is talking about...hell, look at this thread. Just ignore the dude, he only wants to troll and make himself seem superior on the interwebz.

#26 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Playing at Texas is not going to be an easy game.

I really love Roy for encouraging tough ooc games with a young team.

Legitimate NC contenders next season even with JMM leaving.

Is this a joke? Your opponents records are a combined 49-39, compare that to Duke whose opponents records are a combined 64-27. unc has played 2 top 25 teams and has lost both of them, by double digits, while Duke has played 4 top 25 teams and beat them all. I would not call unc's ooc schedule tough by any means.

#27 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm really excited about where Carolina is going to be this time next season. I mean, they're a sweet 16 team already. We have great players one of the best coaches in the NCAA. The haters are plentiful but deep down they know HOW SWEET IT IS

#28 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'm really excited about where Carolina is going to be this time next season. I mean, they're a sweet 16 team already. We have great players one of the best coaches in the NCAA. The haters are plentiful but deep down they know HOW SWEET IT IS

Keep dreaming, your best win so far is against ECU at home and KenPom has ECU ranked 113. That means the rest of your wins have come against teams worse then that. Pathetic!

#29 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

not all tarheel fans are as pathetic as this guy. Alot but not all.

#30 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

not all tarheel fans are as pathetic as this guy. Alot but not all.

It is hard to be rational sometimes especially when you grow up like this.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com